Shadowens named HC at Knox Catholic.......

QuickStrike

Of all the hires Catholic could have made....This one is shocking. I guess they still couldn't hire Matthews, which is why he left. Seems there were many better candidates out there, but they settled. I think this hire says a lot about the admin's dedication to football. I guess they realize they play in D2-AAA and will never have a chance to win a championship.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, FootballFan888 said:

Of all the hires Catholic could have made....This one is shocking. I guess they still couldn't hire Matthews, which is why he left. Seems there were many better candidates out there, but they settled. I think this hire says a lot about the admin's dedication to football. I guess they realize they play in D2-AAA and will never have a chance to win a championship.

Easy short-term fix to maintain continuity.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The ole judge may come looking for me.

If it was up to the judge l think you are talking about, he actually was against hiring Mathews the first time around. He wanted Knox Catholic to hire Mark Pemberton again. He said Pemberton was hard to get along with but he thought Pemberton was a hard nosed physical football coach. The judge thought that was the kind of Coach Knox Catholic needed.