AE job open

OrangePylon

15 hours ago, justafan75 said:

Who could that be? Troy Fleming?

Jabari Davis?

Kevin Simon? 

Chris Treece?

Just throwing out a few names

All former Vols ;  Chris Treece would be a good fit but is he going to Fulton with J Long or is he staying at Grace ? 

3 hours ago, Turtle said:

No sir Peyton doesn’t fit the culture .  We don’t like country music at AE :grin:

What is the culture at AE?  Serious question.  What I mean by this is the next head coach supposed to be supportive of a certain type of music?  political affilication? Does he have to be of a certain race?  Back to my question of the culture at AE, it seems to me the current "culture" there hasn't produced a positive result in years.  Before you start, I don't mean it needs to be "white washed" so don't go there...what I mean is why hire a coach that is going to "fit" that same culture? Why not hire someone that is going to change it positively?  Just my opinion.

AE was either in the championship or won it in almost every age group in the knox league they were in. The talent is there always has been and always will be. The issue is they don't make it to the high school. Kids get plucked by the privates and other schools that recruit. What some teams have started doing since AE has been down is scheduling them so they can blow them out then tell the younger groups look at how bad we beat them, come play for us. I don't think anyone could keep all the players, but if someone would keep half of the good ones then they will be competitive against all teams not named Alcoa. 

• Like 1

Just now, SheriffofRedRock said:

AE was either in the championship or won it in almost every age group in the knox league they were in. The talent is there always has been and always will be. The issue is they don't make it to the high school. Kids get plucked by the privates and other schools that recruit. What some teams have started doing since AE has been down is scheduling them so they can blow them out then tell the younger groups look at how bad we beat them, come play for us. I don't think anyone could keep all the players, but if someone would keep half of the good ones then they will be competitive against all teams not named Alcoa. 

knox middle/ youth league*

5 hours ago, pdover1776 said:

What is the culture at AE?  Serious question.  What I mean by this is the next head coach supposed to be supportive of a certain type of music?  political affilication? Does he have to be of a certain race?  Back to my question of the culture at AE, it seems to me the current "culture" there hasn't produced a positive result in years.  Before you start, I don't mean it needs to be "white washed" so don't go there...what I mean is why hire a coach that is going to "fit" that same culture? Why not hire someone that is going to change it positively?  Just my opinion.

First of all let me let this be known.  I'm not a Manning Fan!  I think Tee Martin did more in one year for UT than Peyton did in 4 and Martin doesn't get the props he deserves.  Now when I'm saying Culture I'm saying Peyton is a good guy and know his x's and o's but I don't think he could relate to the players at AE that's what i'm meaning.  It has nothing to do with Peyton being white nor the type of music he listens too. I just don't think he'll relate to the players.  Before you say, "Its because he's white!"  No sir, AE has white coaches on all of its sports teams and the kids love all of them. Most of the coaches that are white have been at AE for awhile and they relate to the kids well.  The AD is white he's basically been in the community for years as well so color has nothing to do with it before you all go there.  And another thing AE hasn't been down as long as you all are thinking.  I can't wait til we get back to winning 8-9 games a year so you all can quit thinking AE is just a laughable job. and once again the AD is a football guy he will make the right hire no matter the color of their skin nor whatever I'm saying.  I'm just a long time fan and whatever I say on this board means nothing when it comes to coaching searches.  

5 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

This is true, the little program was in all but 1 championship game (they didn't fill a team in that age group).  They won every age group but 2.  Like you said the talent has been there but SOME of the players leave to go ride the bench elsewhere.  AE will be ok, ITS HARD TO BE A ROADRUNNER!!  Like Phillips used to say, "I'll coach the ones that wants to be Roadrunners!"  Some will stay and some will go but I think the younger generation now (Current Baby Roadrunners) all want to go to AE to bring that winning history back to the school. This same little league program I'm talking about blew Alcoa teams out so like you said once ALcoa start recruiting then maybe they will continue wining 3a football but with the players in their little league program that 21 or 22 streak will be ending real soon.  

45 minutes ago, Turtle said:

First of all let me let this be known.  I'm not a Manning Fan!  I think Tee Martin did more in one year for UT than Peyton did in 4 and Martin doesn't get the props he deserves.  Now when I'm saying Culture I'm saying Peyton is a good guy and know his x's and o's but I don't think he could relate to the players at AE that's what i'm meaning.  It has nothing to do with Peyton being white nor the type of music he listens too. I just don't think he'll relate to the players.  Before you say, "Its because he's white!"  No sir, AE has white coaches on all of its sports teams and the kids love all of them. Most of the coaches that are white have been at AE for awhile and they relate to the kids well.  The AD is white he's basically been in the community for years as well so color has nothing to do with it before you all go there.  And another thing AE hasn't been down as long as you all are thinking.  I can't wait til we get back to winning 8-9 games a year so you all can quit thinking AE is just a laughable job. and once again the AD is a football guy he will make the right hire no matter the color of their skin nor whatever I'm saying.  I'm just a long time fan and whatever I say on this board means nothing when it comes to coaching searches.  

I don’t think it’s a laughable job at all!  I think it’s a potential state champion in waiting actually!  Maybe I worded that the wrong way that’s on me.