AE job open

OrangePylon

23 minutes ago, Rerun92 said:

i've never heard they paid for that.   do they?

I mean the high school lets the use everything the field the practice equipment the training equipment I’m pretty sure it’s allowed most high schools do that, West high school, Hardin Valley, Knox Central high school, Powell high school etc.

30 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

I mean the high school lets the use everything the field the practice equipment the training equipment I’m pretty sure it’s allowed most high schools do that, West high school, Hardin Valley, Knox Central high school, Powell high school etc.

this isn't close to what Elias said.

On 12/24/2023 at 9:58 AM, pdover1776 said:

Serious question…because I’m not from Knoxville…has there ever been a white head coach at AE? Nothing behind the question honestly I’m just curious. Please don’t cancel me.

Just had this discussion yesterday with an Alumni, but Yes there have been.  Bob Poston was the football coach at AE 1968-1969 and went 16-2 as the coach of the Roadrunners.  . Poston left after that to go to rival Rule High School

• Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 10:07 AM, Elias287 said:

Well, the first thing you have to do when anyone takes this job is build up your youth, so Aloca and Knoxville Catholic can stop taking all the youth players like they’ve been doing for a while, absolutely draining Austin East along with other schools. Once you get past the youth, then you have to get up to middle school and stop your players from going to Powell, Bearden, West, and Central for some reason, along with other schools; 

Yea, you can tell you don't know much about Austin East nor its youth program.  For the last 3-4 years, Austin East Youth programs has been running the city/county in all aspects. This past year, they finished no lower than 2nd in each division in the YAC and finished runner ups in the 8th grade MAC league losing to undefeated Farragut and Winning the 6th/7th grade division . The problem is keeping these players in the High School program.  Yes, we're losing players to Knox West, Bearden, Powell, Catholic, etc.... However, like most of you said, "with the right coach, this will change!"  That's why I'm saying this is an attractive job!  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Yea, you can tell you don't know much about Austin East nor its youth program.  For the last 3-4 years, Austin East Youth programs has been running the city/county in all aspects. This past year, they finished no lower than 2nd in each division in the YAC and finished runner ups in the 8th grade MAC league losing to undefeated Farragut and Winning the 6th/7th grade division . The problem is keeping these players in the High School program.  Yes, we're losing players to Knox West, Bearden, Powell, Catholic, etc.... However, like most of you said, "with the right coach, this will change!"  That's why I'm saying this is an attractive job!  

Yeah, no duh, the six grade 7th and eighth grade team have been great for years, especially the past couple of years, i’m just saying that the players on those teams never end up at Austin East high school, and with the right person who can stop the youth portal Austin East will be back to glory.

Edited by Elias287