AE job open

OrangePylon

1 minute ago, Elias287 said:

Yeah, I no duh, the six grade 7th and eighth grade team have been great for years, especially the past couple of years, i’m just saying that the players on those teams never end up at Austin East high school, and with the right person who can stop the youth portal Austin East will be back to glory.

These players go to whichever team is winning at the moment .  Fulton is in the same situation.  These teams in West Knoxville are coming in promising these players things and then they give them a few minutes in one varsity game so when they try to transfer back to their zoned school they make it hard on them because  they now how a varsity record.  But the AE youth coaches are pushing AE High School in their youths head now adays.  Most of the coaches whom are coaching the Youth programs are all former AE High School players and are volunteer high school coaches.  With that said, the youth program is growing and hopefully, the high school program will do the same.  AE will be back very soon.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

Just had this discussion yesterday with an Alumni, but Yes there have been.  Bob Poston was the football coach at AE 1968-1969 and went 16-2 as the coach of the Roadrunners.  . Poston left after that to go to rival Rule High School

Any chance someone like that would apply again?  Again..serious question.  

44 minutes ago, pdover1776 said:

Bob Polston passed away back in 2011. He had a two great assistant coaches in Joel Helton who went on to coach Knox Central for 27 years and Don Ward who took over after Bob retired after the 1978 season for 11 years  and also was head coach at South Doyle 9 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pdover1776 said:

AE's AD is a white man who is a football guru.  His specialty is football.  He will make the right hire no matter the color of the person who gets it.  He wants AE to be a top notch program in every sport, so just sit back and watch him work his wonders.  

13 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Bob Polston passed away back in 2011. He had a two great assistant coaches in Joel Helton who went on to coach Knox Central for 27 years and Don Ward who took over after Bob retired after the 1978 season for 11 years  and also was head coach at South Doyle 9 years. 

Poston was a very good coach I honestly didn't know he coached at AE until I did some research.  I knew he coached at Rule though.  

28 minutes ago, Turtle said:

AE's AD is a white man who is a football guru.  His specialty is football.  He will make the right hire no matter the color of the person who gets it.  He wants AE to be a top notch program in every sport, so just sit back and watch him work his wonders.  

I believe you.  I’m sure he will.  I honestly was just asking.  No racial meaning behind it.  But I went on Tssaa to research all the head coaches but I didn’t come up with anything so I figured someone would know.  A good friend of mines brother in law is a football coach and she said he was talking about all the openings in the area if he would ever apply any what not. We were wanting him to apply at Greenback but they already had their minds made up before any “hiring” processes started here.  Thanks for answering my question!

22 hours ago, pdover1776 said:

I believe you.  I’m sure he will.  I honestly was just asking.  No racial meaning behind it.  But I went on Tssaa to research all the head coaches but I didn’t come up with anything so I figured someone would know.  A good friend of mines brother in law is a football coach and she said he was talking about all the openings in the area if he would ever apply any what not. We were wanting him to apply at Greenback but they already had their minds made up before any “hiring” processes started here.  Thanks for answering my question!

That question has been brought up in AE's last search.  I mean, a lot of people were screaming Josh Jones was the best candidate for the job back then but he landed at Bearden and AE hired its defensive coordinator  in Mays.   So I understand  the gist of the question but like I said, AE's AD will make best hire because he's a football minded guy.  Have your brother in law to apply if he can relate to the players and school in general, he'll fit right in.  Anyone that gets the job can win and win in his first year.  

13 hours ago, Turtle said:

That question has been brought up in AE's last search.  I mean, a lot of people were screaming Josh Jones was the best candidate for the job back then but he landed at Bearden and AE hired its defensive coordinator  in Mays.   So I understand  the gist of the question but like I said, AE's AD will make best hire because he's a football minded guy.  Have your brother in law to apply if he can relate to the players and school in general, he'll fit right in.  Anyone that gets the job can win and win in his first year.  

“Winning in his first year” is exactly what he said! It’s not my brother in law but a friend’s.  He coached against AE last year he said and he literally said just that about them! He said he would love a chance to coach the QB (forgot his name). He said he coached at another inner city school (won’t name it) and he might be a better athlete than the ones they had there winning championships. We went through a terrible coaching change here and ended up with a buddy buddy hire that will never work.  This is always tough.

On 12/28/2023 at 7:42 AM, pdover1776 said:

“Winning in his first year” is exactly what he said! It’s not my brother in law but a friend’s.  He coached against AE last year he said and he literally said just that about them! He said he would love a chance to coach the QB (forgot his name). He said he coached at another inner city school (won’t name it) and he might be a better athlete than the ones they had there winning championships. We went through a terrible coaching change here and ended up with a buddy buddy hire that will never work.  This is always tough.

We didn't play any "Inner city" school last year.  Maybe 2 years ago we did but not last year.    The QB is Cherry, he's a basketball guy and haven't played football until this past season.  He haven't decided yet if he's playing again his senior year.  Whomever gets the job will have to talk to him and other players that didn't play last year to come back out.  I'll say AE will hire someone by February.