Top 10 Girls Coaches East TN

EastTNfootballFan111

On 1/1/2024 at 10:05 PM, THE KING said:

I was on the T when Matt first took the job and I honestly didn't think he would do good.  But now that my daughters play for him, I can see how how hard he works.  I don't think most people know just how much he invests in girls sports up here.  We're a family.  I also have a ton of respect for James.  I should've known better than to think NG would be down after losing those seniors.  That team is pretty dang good and we'll have to earn that championship.  I think maybe our schedule had something to do with no one wanting to play our boys because we're so down but we definitely should have been in tougher tournaments.  I know in practice we're able to duplicate game situations because of our talented 2nd string.  We're able to split the starters up and push each other hard. 

I know he puts in the time,I know the family feeling remember im from the mtn,i know he works hard and he's really loves the girls but I feel like he has had  quite a bit of talent though out the yrs,I like Matt known him since he was just a little guy,so im not putting him down and he is a good coach,I just think it's a little easier to coach when you have better players,which happens at all the schools

On 1/2/2024 at 5:26 PM, Random1234 said:

Seems like you may be one of the ones who got recruited…. What did it take? $$$ cars? Straight As? Free gas for a year? 

Funny but no.  Just the dad of a local kid that went to the school with the best program in town.  Ended up getting a college scholarship afterward.  Hate all you want, but the Bearette program gets the best kids in the area. They want to play for the best team around.  

13 minutes ago, StateChampDad said:

Funny but no.  Just the dad of a local kid that went to the school with the best program in town.  Ended up getting a college scholarship afterward.  Hate all you want, but the Bearette program gets the best kids in the area. They want to play for the best team around.  

And from other areas!

20 hours ago, IMDog said:

I know he puts in the time,I know the family feeling remember im from the mtn,i know he works hard and he's really loves the girls but I feel like he has had  quite a bit of talent though out the yrs,I like Matt known him since he was just a little guy,so im not putting him down and he is a good coach,I just think it's a little easier to coach when you have better players,which happens at all the schools

Yeah, the rec club with parents who were star players has always helped our girls program even when Anderson coached here. Blair, McKinney, christman, and shell also play alot of travel ball.  The kids have put a lot of work in.   I'm excited to see where it goes 

20 hours ago, StateChampDad said:

Just giving you a hard time buddy! Congrats to your kid getting a college scholarship, that is an incredible feat in of itself, no matter where you play. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Random1234 said:

Just giving you a hard time buddy! Congrats to your kid getting a college scholarship, that is an incredible feat in of itself, no matter where you play. 

I get the thoughts that the outsiders might have…but as a parent of both former Bear football players and a Bearette basketball player I think it’s fair to comment.  The programs draw players due to the success.  Until the tide turns I think it will remain that way.  

We’ve been gone for several years but I still love Bradley…even as a Cleveland grad! 

Edited by StateChampDad

On 1/2/2024 at 10:45 PM, IMDog said:

yea I don't think they have played a team with a winning record this year

Bearden Female Bulldogs coach Justin Underwood is a top ranked coach. He mercy rules a lot of other teams. If he keeps coaching the Bearden Female Bulldogs he will keep winning a lot of games and they will keep mercy ruling teams. It will happen. I guarantee it. Does anyone want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.