Top 10 Girls Coaches East TN

EastTNfootballFan111

here’s a few…

James Buchanan (North Greene)

Matt Birchfield (Cloudland) 

Brandon Broyles (Unicoi, has them much improved over recent years) 

Katie Moore (Gatlinburg Pittman)

Brooke Shelley (Northview) 

Stephen Gregg (South Greene)

Edited by RodgerDodger32
Typo
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StateChampDad said:

I‘m very biased, but I’ll go ahead and put Reuter at the top of the list.  Bradley Central. 

I would have to say Reuter and McMinn Central’s Johnnie Morgan. are two of the best in the state not just East TN. There resume speaks for itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

here’s a few…

We're very blessed with Matt, James, and Kenneth.  They're all really great guys and coaches 

18 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

here’s a few…

Some of the ones listed here have lots of wins - but look at the strength of schedule.  Also - great players make coaches look good.  Look at what a coach does with average players.  Buchanan at NG does a great job. The Grainger coach (Bishop) does a great job.  Greeneville’s coach (Watts) is tough but she does a great job and has a tough schedule each year.  The retired Jefferson Co. Coach (Sinard) who is now Cocke Co. Assistant is a very good coach. Birchfield at Cloudland does a good job - but I think they need to play a tougher schedule.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greenecounty said:

Some of the ones listed here have lots of wins - but look at the strength of schedule.  Also - great players make coaches look good.  Look at what a coach does with average players.  Buchanan at NG does a great job. The Grainger coach (Bishop) does a great job.  Greeneville’s coach (Watts) is tough but she does a great job and has a tough schedule each year.  The retired Jefferson Co. Coach (Sinard) who is now Cocke Co. Assistant is a very good coach. Birchfield at Cloudland does a good job - but I think they need to play a tougher schedule.

I agree, I think a lot of it is some districts and regions are really bad except for maybe a couple teams, and it makes those coaches look better than they are, that’s why it’s important to play some good holiday tournaments and schedule some better competition if you can, sometimes you can’t because of the driving factor. 

2 hours ago, Greenecounty said:

I agree Matt is a good coach but yr in yr out he has talent,most of the time the girls that come up to the high school have been taught well by youth club thur Jr high,I honestly can't remember a time that hes  had a untalented team.

2 hours ago, IMDog said:

I agree Matt is a good coach but yr in yr out he has talent,most of the time the girls that come up to the high school have been taught well by youth club thur Jr high,I honestly can't remember a time that hes  had a untalented team.

I was on the T when Matt first took the job and I honestly didn't think he would do good.  But now that my daughters play for him, I can see how how hard he works.  I don't think most people know just how much he invests in girls sports up here.  We're a family.  I also have a ton of respect for James.  I should've known better than to think NG would be down after losing those seniors.  That team is pretty dang good and we'll have to earn that championship.  I think maybe our schedule had something to do with no one wanting to play our boys because we're so down but we definitely should have been in tougher tournaments.  I know in practice we're able to duplicate game situations because of our talented 2nd string.  We're able to split the starters up and push each other hard. 

31 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I was on the T when Matt first took the job and I honestly didn't think he would do good.  But now that my daughters play for him, I can see how how hard he works.  I don't think most people know just how much he invests in girls sports up here.  We're a family.  I also have a ton of respect for James.  I should've known better than to think NG would be down after losing those seniors.  That team is pretty dang good and we'll have to earn that championship.  I think maybe our schedule had something to do with no one wanting to play our boys because we're so down but we definitely should have been in tougher tournaments.  I know in practice we're able to duplicate game situations because of our talented 2nd string.  We're able to split the starters up and push each other hard. 

Slightly off-topic, but North Greene post Miller made the all-tournament team at the Ladies Classic. She's in good company and very deserving.