Westview HC search

12 hours ago, tradertwo said:

McConnell is a brilliant offensive coach...if he can get a good defensive coordinator and let him do his thing, Westview will be a juggernaut as soon as Simpson gets comfortable in the QB role. If McConnell's ego gets in the way of the defense, there'll be blowout wins against lesser competition and 70 point shootouts against the good teams. May be sooner, but I look for Westview to be the favorites two years from now if they can stay in 2A, and to be picked to get to the championship if they move back up.

That's what Chris Coleman was hired for. He is a heck of a coach and maybe more so excited about him than McConnell. McConnell is more the coaching mindset and Coleman is more of the energy and effort and get all out of the kids that he can type of coach. He did great things at Westview before and then at Henry Co after that! Graham will be better than Ty....just my opinion on what I've seen. The kid has a cannon for an arm!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 3:02 PM, JustinBuck said:

Ty Simp being a bust as a college QB has been hilarious.

Booger goin out on a limb guessin that if JustinBuck had a son sittin #2 on an the Bama depth chart behind a dude that was in this past seasons Heisman race.......and that Vegas has picked to win the next one......remindin that this is the GOAT college football program...

...Booger thinkin JustinBuck aint tellin JustinBuck Jr how much a college bust Jr is while hilariously laughin at Jr 

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

On 2/24/2024 at 10:15 AM, Booger said:

Booger goin out on a limb guessin that if JustinBuck had a son sittin #2 on an the Bama depth chart behind a dude that was in this past seasons Heisman race.......and that Vegas has picked to win the next one......remindin that this is the GOAT college football program...

...Booger thinkin JustinBuck aint tellin JustinBuck Jr how much a college bust Jr is while hilariously laughin at Jr 

Bringing Coach Neal back to tutor the young Bison

On 2/24/2024 at 10:15 AM, Booger said:

Derp.

Just saying..

5 hours ago, Booger said:

sure like to b thinkin that derp wernt aint at Booger...cause one must look at the origin of the T'er that actually called Simpson a bust at Bama

He will be playing for his Diddy at Martin in short order. He's a BUST.

just saying..

• 2 weeks later...

McConnell & his offensive ways will have Westview firing on all cylinders offensively with the core of young talent they have there, great hire in that aspect. But I would like to know why leave after a year and come back? Oh well, hopefully they can play well enough on defense to compliment what they are doing offensively. If not, it will be another short stay or maybe the DC gets fired, who knows. But they are definitely expecting another gold ball over the next 4 years over there. Might have to drop back down to 2A for that though.

On 1/20/2024 at 12:20 PM, GOCHARGERS said:

I believe it was McConnell coming in for that one year and completely overhauling the whole program and also what Ben Johnson and Chris Coleman was able to do and Coach Coady was also a big help. I believe the last Coach is a good offensive coordinator and was a part of the Gold Ball but I just didn't think he was the reason we won it. I believe if McConnell didn't come in and make the changes that were mad I dont know if Westview would have the Gold Ball. 

Is that a joke? McConnell has had 70 points put up on him more than any coach I have ever seen. In no way did he contribute to them winning that gold ball I'm not saying he's a bad coach but don't give credit where it isn't deserved. He was there 2 years before they won it and saw very lackluster success 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jchannel1738 said:

Is that a joke? McConnell has had 70 points put up on him more than any coach I have ever seen. In no way did he contribute to them winning that gold ball I'm not saying he's a bad coach but don't give credit where it isn't deserved. He was there 2 years before they won it and saw very lackluster success 

LOL!! It’s obvious you have no clue the state of our program before Matt came in. He brought in discipline, work ethic, toughness and a fantastic weight program. There is zero percent chance that Westview wins that state championship if Matt doesn’t come in and totally change the culture. That’s the exact reason he was brought back. We have probably the most talented skill guys than any other team in West Tenn. And as far as the defense goes we have 8 starters returning to a team that only game up 17 points a game. We are absolutely thinking Chattanooga the next 3 years. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 12:58 PM, Primetime1 said:

LOL!! It’s obvious you have no clue the state of our program before Matt came in. He brought in discipline, work ethic, toughness and a fantastic weight program. There is zero percent chance that Westview wins that state championship if Matt doesn’t come in and totally change the culture. That’s the exact reason he was brought back. We have probably the most talented skill guys than any other team in West Tenn. And as far as the defense goes we have 8 starters returning to a team that only game up 17 points a game. We are absolutely thinking Chattanooga the next 3 years. 

Chattanooga, Chattanooga, Chattanooga...sounds good, but don't count your chickens before they hatch! That last gold ball came in 2A, you guys gotta beat Dyersburg & Covington in your own region before you can make that trip to see Alcoa! 

On 3/8/2024 at 12:58 PM, Primetime1 said:

You need to be thinking Covington. Hopefully he will work one of those so called miracles. Hope for your sake it's not snake oil

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2024 at 8:58 AM, WestTNReclinerQB said:

Chattanooga, Chattanooga, Chattanooga...sounds good, but don't count your chickens before they hatch! That last gold ball came in 2A, you guys gotta beat Dyersburg & Covington in your own region before you can make that trip to see Alcoa! 

You do know that on a young, down season we only lost to Dyersburg in the playoffs by less than a touchdown?! You act like those two teams are unbeatable and way above our skill level