Baylor vs Mccallie 1/25

FR615

6 minutes ago, FR615 said:

I really can’t say until it comes out. It’s in the meat of the lineup and two that were practically locks for state titles.

That’s unfortunate.

So, for those of us who will be in attendance for the Baylor/McCallie dual match we will see when they are not on the bench. 

39 minutes ago, Whoweft said:

I hope you are correct, but I think McCallie will need a couple of more Baylor kids to get kicked out/disciplined for that to be correct (this year). 

I should have worded this better. I don't want any kids to get in trouble. My point was, Baylor is so far ahead of McCallie that I could not see how two kids missing the dual would change the result.  

I expect that if Baylor is not permitting two of its expected state champions to wrestle McCallie, it must be a serious matter. 

1 hour ago, Whoweft said:

I should have worded this better. I don't want any kids to get in trouble. My point was, Baylor is so far ahead of McCallie that I could not see how two kids missing the dual would change the result.  

I expect that if Baylor is not permitting two of its expected state champions to wrestle McCallie, it must be a serious matter. 

Weft, I honestly think it would've been a closer match than what you're giving McCallie credit for. Here's why I say that. I  think McCallie should win at lower couple weights and upper few weights with relative ease.? McCallie also possibly wins another weight class or perhaps 2 depending on the flip/lineups. Baylor would have been favored and expected to dominate through the middle of the lineup and the McCallie's kids jobs would have been to limit bonus points for Baylor. When you take away expected bonus points in two matches and possibly give up bonus in those 2 matches of a "somewhat" close dual, it very well could be the difference between winning and losing. 

1 hour ago, FargoStrut said:

Weft, I honestly think it would've been a closer match than what you're giving McCallie credit for. Here's why I say that. I  think McCallie should win at lower couple weights and upper few weights with relative ease.? McCallie also possibly wins another weight class or perhaps 2 depending on the flip/lineups. Baylor would have been favored and expected to dominate through the middle of the lineup and the McCallie's kids jobs would have been to limit bonus points for Baylor. When you take away expected bonus points in two matches and possibly give up bonus in those 2 matches of a "somewhat" close dual, it very well could be the difference between winning and losing. 

This match could have gone either way with full lineups… slight edge to Baylor. McCallie should win by 15-20 now. 

Edited by FR615

3 hours ago, FR615 said:

I really can’t say until it comes out. It’s in the meat of the lineup and two that were practically locks for state titles.

I mean if it’s in the meat of the lineup and two lock state champs, process of elimination would tell you it’s gotta be Askew, Sturgill, or Norman… guess time will tell for sure. This would drastically change the D2 landscape if true. 

30 minutes ago, cowcatcherII said:

I mean if it’s in the meat of the lineup and two lock state champs, process of elimination would tell you it’s gotta be Askew, Sturgill, or Norman… guess time will tell for sure. This would drastically change the D2 landscape if true. 

It’s not two of those three.