Pemberton Leaves Rhea for Campbell County

1 hour ago, BigTImeShowTime said:

Not the head Coach or Coordinator just someone on staff 

Booger would like to be thinkin that theres no way anybody on this thread thought Rhea Co had anything to offer that would make Foster leave Cartersville....if and pretty sure nor any of the coordinators....there all Cartersville Alum...or was...

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, Random1234 said:

When the HC has a philosophy you gotta follow it, unfortunately for Rhea Co, his philosophy ran off a lot of skill players that otherwise would of been a great fit for a more balanced attack utilizing spread formations. Imagine having to prep for a team that could run a spread and wing-T at a high rate of success on any given play. Matchup nightmare. 

I know that the Martin kid left after a year or two and went to Bradley, and I am sure there are more that aren't as high profile but would still help any HS program. To me you do have to find fits for your kids year in year out. If parents never take their kids there and just jump ship due to the current philosophy then the HC will never be able to see why they might want to change. I am anxious to see how this move will be going from one end of the spectrum to another as far as schemes go. I know he is losing kids already to AC

37 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I know that the Martin kid left after a year or two and went to Bradley, and I am sure there are more that aren't as high profile but would still help any HS program. To me you do have to find fits for your kids year in year out. If parents never take their kids there and just jump ship due to the current philosophy then the HC will never be able to see why they might want to change. I am anxious to see how this move will be going from one end of the spectrum to another as far as schemes go. I know he is losing kids already to AC

To be fair, CC has always lost kids to AC, going back even to the Kerr years. Caleb Slover, Davey Gillum, Jamey Chadwell, and of course the Price twins were CC boys. A lot of the best AC players have been from there sadly. Not saying I blame any of them either. The pipeline has been going on for many years, as I’m sure you know.

Edited by SweetScience

12 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

To be fair, CC has always lost kids to AC, going back even to the Kerr years. Caleb Slover, Davey Gillum, Jamey Chadwell, and of course the Price twins were CC boys. A lot of the best AC players have been from there sadly. Not saying I blame any of them either. The pipeline has been going on for many years, as I’m sure you know.

Yea that is an easy one for sure. I feel like the twins did their best to try and stop that, but it is hard to do so when you compare both programs

29 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

assumin sheriffofredrock is talkin bout RC's most recently departed HC......the fact he already has a kid or 3 departing for another school 20 miles down the road is not a anomolation...and Clinton did just recently add a Gold Ball to their trophy case....

....not exactly sure why a parent or parent would want to make that move AC where you can bet money that your season is halted every year in the 2 or 3 rd of playoffs by Elizabethton or Greenville....

....then again Gullum may be better to play for....

1 minute ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Yea that is an easy one for sure. I feel like the twins did their best to try and stop that, but it is hard to do so when you compare both programs

Even Chad Pennington was from CC, believe it or not. He went to Webb, but still, they’ve lost a lot of really good players throughout the years.

3 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

the ole Hager twins......gonna be intrestin to see why them Karns snake ranglin baptist hired them 2

Booger just sayin Hagers - My Maria | Facebook

21 minutes ago, Booger said:

assumin sheriffofredrock is talkin bout RC's most recently departed HC......the fact he already has a kid or 3 departing for another school 20 miles down the road is not a anomolation...and Clinton did just recently add a Gold Ball to their trophy case....

....not exactly sure why a parent or parent would want to make that move AC where you can bet money that your season is halted every year in the 2 or 3 rd of playoffs by Elizabethton or Greenville....

....then again Gullum may be better to play for....

If you're picking between AC and CC I would say I know where most people would pick. Clinton has a silver ball from '92 only one I know about.

41 minutes ago, Booger said:

assumin sheriffofredrock is talkin bout RC's most recently departed HC......the fact he already has a kid or 3 departing for another school 20 miles down the road is not a anomolation...and Clinton did just recently add a Gold Ball to their trophy case.

Clinton ain't got no gold ball.  anomolation?  sorry to be that guy, but that's not a word.  anomaly?

1 hour ago, Booger said:

Booger would like to be thinkin that theres no way anybody on this thread thought Rhea Co had anything to offer that would make Foster leave Cartersville....if and pretty sure nor any of the coordinators....there all Cartersville Alum...or was...

As one who currently resides not far from Cartersville- Amen!