DB Basketball.

bdawg122712

12 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Just got home from DB at South Greene, SG matched up well with DB and outshot and out rebounded the Indians for the entire first half. Second half was different, as DB shot and rebounded better and took the game away from a surprised South Greene team. 

DB players of note were #20 post and #2, who looks like he spends lots of time in the weight room. Any chance he's on the football team at DB?

It was a game worth watching, Congrats to Dobyns Bennett for never quitting. There was a sparse crowd from Kingsport, which didn't seem to have any effect on the Indians, who won a game in a very difficult place to play a road game.

#2 does indeed play football.  The crowd was sparse because the girls had a home game against Virginia state power Wise Central, which is where I was last night.  D-B offers a season pass to home basketball games, so I am sure the folks who purchased one, like myself, was at the girls game.

6 hours ago, Lon4182 said:

Coming from a West Ridge fan?

I don't think he's a West Ridge Fan. They're not that stupid. Sounds more like a DB student with an ax to grind. Former player or parent of former player. Defiantly has the hot head toward coach Poore. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

#2 does indeed play football.  The crowd was sparse because the girls had a home game against Virginia state power Wise Central, which is where I was last night.  D-B offers a season pass to home basketball games, so I am sure the folks who purchased one, like myself, was at the girls game.

Makes sense. Thanks for the info on redhead, #2. I hope he has at least another year to play.

12 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Makes sense. Thanks for the info on redhead, #2. I hope he has at least another year to play.

I didn't realize it till last night, but yeah, Hayworth is #2 now.  He was #24.  Hayworth actually does NOT play football.  He is a stud southpaw baseball pitcher though.  #2 used to be Tegan Begley who quit the team apparently.  He is a football player.

I am assuming Hayworth wanted #2 since his girlfriend (Caroline Hill) also wears #2 on the girls team.  Hayworth is only a sophomore, so he still has two years left.

11 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

I didn't realize it till last night, but yeah, Hayworth is #2 now.  He was #24.  Hayworth actually does NOT play football.  He is a stud southpaw baseball pitcher though.  #2 used to be Tegan Begley who quit the team apparently.  He is a football player.

I am assuming Hayworth wanted #2 since his girlfriend (Caroline Hill) also wears #2 on the girls team.  Hayworth is only a sophomore, so he still has two years left.

You have a couple of more seasons to look forward to. He got our attention the other night.