Summit gets Cleveland in Round 1

fooseball95

1 hour ago, TheTreyB said:

Hahahaha keep thinking you are smarter than a 3rd grader. We all know. He’s is at Cleveland because my daughter went there. So see, you are wrong again. Hahaha you are the gift that keeps on giving. 

so why did your daughter go there and not Bradley? Both mine went to Soddy and since Bradley is an open county your kids go where YOU choose for them to go, so you made a conscious decision to go to Cleveland and not Bradley!  So yeah, I'm smarter than a third grader, you on the other hand I'm not so sure you would pass pre-k! Seems like the song says, "when it comes to brains he got the short end of the stick" was written about you!  I probably should just leave you alone, its hard to have a battle of wits when someone is unarmed.

Edited by cobrakid8

10 minutes ago, RMC said:

I miss Steve Henry......great person and coach.

Coach is great, always enjoy talking to him when I see him! 

Also it seems someone was lied to when they were "told" that Buford had no other good wrestlers so that's why they only brought 9 to KO tournament. Seems leaving a defending state champ and a state runner-up at home was because they weren't good enough to be at the tournament. It would be one heck of a tri-meet if we could get Camden, Buford and Cleveland at the same time! I think I would take Camden and Buford in those duals but Cleveland would have a shot for sure and that's more than any other team in the state could say! 

16 hours ago, FrecoFanatic said:

That is all they had. The others were not worth bringing. Like I said, they are a much better traditional team than a dual team.

I find that kind of funny......since Buford won the 9th grade and JV county wrestling tournaments. Now I'll grant that because Buford goes deep in the state playoffs for football some kids may have not been in the room yet. 

All their teams go deep into the playoffs in pretty much every sport. Not uncommon for most of their teams to be nationally ranked....and yes they're a city school.

They're currently building a really nice $60 million football stadium to go along with their fairly new $21 million arena that's not too bad either.  It was always nice not to have to share practice fields/facilities for football, soccer, or lacrosse since they have 9 artificial surface fields for the schools......even a dedicated stadium for lacrosse and soccer.  Yea....they have bunch of green wrestling mats too.

Edited by RMC

It is getting closer to time for us to Cleveland Raiders and Summit Spartans wrestle each other. This is going to be a good match for a little while. Cleveland Raiders have too much depth and that will eventually send Summit Spartans to the consolation bracket. Summit Spartans should come in no worse than third in this state dual. It will happen. I guarantee it. Summit Spartans were able to mercy rule Cookeville to get to this state tournament so Summit Spartans can not be taken lightly. Summit Spartans are probably the second best team in the state behind Cleveland Raiders but Summit Spartans got a bad draw for this tournament. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

9 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

Summit Spartans are probably the second best team in the state behind Cleveland Raiders but Summit Spartans got a bad draw for this tournament. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

I am ummmno and i ALSO approve this message. 

A pretty smart friend of mine pointed out that out of all these teams people accuse us of being scared to wrestle, we are the ONLY ones who have a dual tournament. They have all the power in the world to wrestle us if they want to do so, but they don’t choose to come. We would be more than willing to go wrestle them, but they are not hosting any opportunities to do so. Before anyone says we would not leave Cleveland, we made a trip down to Camden last year for their traditional tournament. We have wrestled Baylor and Wyoming Seminary at Lake Norman before as well.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

I am ummmno and i ALSO approve this message. 

Was this another "blind draw" or did Summit Spartans and Cleveland Raiders somehow get seeded together? This is a travesty to the sport because these Cleveland Raiders and Summit Spartans should be champions and runner up. If they had kept them on separate sides of the bracket it would have happened. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

2 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

A pretty smart friend of mine pointed out that out of all these teams people accuse us of being scared to wrestle, we are the ONLY ones who have a dual tournament. They have all the power in the world to wrestle us if they want to do so, but they don’t choose to come. We would be more than willing to go wrestle them, but they are not hosting any opportunities to do so. Before anyone says we would not leave Cleveland, we made a trip down to Camden last year for their traditional tournament. We have wrestled Baylor and Wyoming Seminary at Lake Norman before as well.

You aren't the only ones who host a dual tournament. Clarksville hosts the Slamfest every year, Christian Brothers hosts a dual tournament each year, MBA, Wilson Central, Knox Halls, Smokey Mountain Duals, the list goes on and on. 

The arrogance is just never ending. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

I don't think you all are scared to wrestle anyone, HOWEVER having to come to the Cleveland duals means you get to wrestle it on your own mats, that is big in wrestling, especially if a big loud crowd is there for the home squad, so no I don't think you all are scared to wrestle about anyone! Also, as I said before you all have NO CONTROL on who shows up at an individual tournament you guys are wrestling at, kids get sick or injured all the time in this sport or with Buford some of their wrestlers are football players and they haven't even joined the  team by some of these early tournaments or if they have they have a few weeks of practice.  

41 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

You aren't the only ones who host a dual tournament. Clarksville hosts the Slamfest every year, Christian Brothers hosts a dual tournament each year, MBA, Wilson Central, Knox Halls, Smokey Mountain Duals, the list goes on and on. 

The arrogance is just never ending. 

The point freco was making is in direct response to the comments about us not leaving Cleveland to wrestle good teams, which if you read his post, is false. For sure we could travel to Clarksville and wrestle local Nashville teams and maybe a few Kentucky teams but instead they have traveled to Camden last year and lake Norman in 2022. Not that no one else hosts tournaments but that Buford or Baylor or Camden don’t travel to ours and we have traveled to tournaments where the are.