Gatlinburg Pittman

45 minutes ago, smalltownguy1966 said:

I know of a very popular coach that will literally tell his players to stop shooting, because he has class and knows beating a team by that much does you no good, you learn nor gain absolutely anything from it, with the exception of respect from the other team.

Out of curiosity what if a team is up 50 to start the 4th quarter and the winning team has all the 3rd string in, do you tell them to stall for the whole quarter?  I have seen games where the winning team plays no defense and just lets the losing team score and I find that embarrassing for the losing team as well.  

On 1/31/2024 at 8:16 PM, UCSportsFan said:

I am blocking this idiot I suggest the rest of CoachT posters do the same thing.  Morons like this guy ruin message boards with these idiotic posts. 

Beat you to it by a couple of months...there's just no escape from all of them, but blocking them on here is easy enough.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, 1983 said:

Out of curiosity what if a team is up 50 to start the 4th quarter and the winning team has all the 3rd string in, do you tell them to stall for the whole quarter?  I have seen games where the winning team plays no defense and just lets the losing team score and I find that embarrassing for the losing team as well.  

If a team is up 50 to start the fourth quarter then they are already getting mercy ruled twice in one game. Gatlinburg Female Highlanders almost mercy ruled a team four times in one game. Gatlinburg Female Highlanders beat Eagleton Female Royals 101-18. That is an 83 point win so they mercy ruled Eagleton Female Royals over three times in one game. That team should play their subs the fourth quarter. It does not matter if you mercy rule them twice or three times in a game. All that matters is the first mercy rule for each game. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

23 hours ago, 1983 said:

Yes if you're a coach with class, because if the 3rd string is beating a team that bad they aren't going to benefit from it,  They will learn nothing. All I'm saying is teams that do that will get what they deserve. 

On 2/1/2024 at 12:58 AM, UCSportsFan said:

This school has been beaten by 61 as well this year. GP has to play them as they are a district team and while I agree it was a little excessive, it was still going to be bad either way. This is a relatively new school, who shouldn’t even be playing a TSSAA schedule. Is this a home school or just a new private school in Maryville?

They played their first year of Varsity football this year.These teams have no Srs but are trying to get their feet wet in High School sports.They will be competitive before long and some teams know that and are "Welcoming them in".I'm with a few other posters a 50 point win would be sufficient.lol.Let the young kids have a few minutes (or a half).:mrgreen:

On 2/3/2024 at 7:39 AM, orngnblk said:

They played their first year of Varsity football this year.These teams have no Srs but are trying to get their feet wet in High School sports.They will be competitive before long and some teams know that and are "Welcoming them in".I'm with a few other posters a 50 point win would be sufficient.lol.Let the young kids have a few minutes (or a half).:mrgreen:

Gatlinburg Female Highlanders almost mercy ruled Eagleton Female Royals four times in one game. Gatlinburg Female Highlanders scored over 100 points on Eagleton Female Royals. They mercy ruled them four times in one game but could have mercy ruled them four times if they had scored some more points. Eagleton Female Royals will be real good one day like Gatlinburg Female Highlanders but they are not good enough right now to compete with them. Gatlinburg Female Highlanders are to good to let it happen. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Don't know much about girls basketball, but I can tell you that there is not one coach at GP that has any class.  The whole mentality of GP athletics is beat up on the little guys or girls and then puff your chest out like you are awesome. they have done this for years and then when they have to play a good team they get beat and say awe that is not fair because they have actual good players on there team.  So they run to another away from real competition like the football team did this past year.  The whole GP school is classless school with a bully mentality and when they get punched in he mouth they quit.

22 hours ago, RakingCoal said:

Don't know much about girls basketball, but I can tell you that there is not one coach at GP that has any class.  The whole mentality of GP athletics is beat up on the little guys or girls and then puff your chest out like you are awesome. they have done this for years and then when they have to play a good team they get beat and say awe that is not fair because they have actual good players on there team.  So they run to another away from real competition like the football team did this past year.  The whole GP school is classless school with a bully mentality and when they get punched in he mouth they quit.

Gatlinburg Highlander coaches like to take selfies all the time. Gatlinburg Highlander coaches will even take a selfie when they get mercy ruled. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

1 hour ago, CaptainGuru said:

Gatlinburg Highlander coaches like to take selfies all the time. Gatlinburg Highlander coaches will even take a selfie when they get mercy ruled. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Captain, what happened to them female Bearden Bulldogs?  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 10:42 PM, smalltownguy1966 said:

I'll continue to say this because I have seen it so many times. That 101 to 18 blow out will bite you on the behind. Someone will beat you and put you out of the chance to win a state tournament.  I'd be a shame, did you ever start to think about what you have done to a young group of ladies. Can't wait till I can come back to this post to say I told you so. TSSAA needs to come up with some kind of a rule to avoid this.

Well the time has come, and I can say I told you so!! You've been bit by karma. Better luck next season. Lol