THE EBE…

littlejohnny

11 hours ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

I don’t know @littlejohnny but I think I have an idea who he is. He’s just excited as we all are. It’s been 31 years since McCallie has held that trophy. 

Both Baylor and Ryan will be back. Just glad we could join the conversation again. Makes it more fun and raises the competition.

Congratulations on winning State! I know who both of you are!  Both of you are better men than you are portraying on this board. Trashing kids that made a mistake is ridiculous and  classless. Why not just enjoy the win, and leave the BS out of it? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JSturgill said:

Congratulations on winning State! I know who both of you are!  Both of you are better men than you are portraying on this board. Trashing kids that made a mistake is ridiculous and  classless. Why not just enjoy the win, and leave the BS out of it? 

I haven’t trashed any kid from Baylor. In fact, I’ve been texting back and forth with one of your parents this morning, congratulating them on their son’s placement and looking forward to preps. I’m not naive enough to think that it couldn’t happen at McCallie or any school for that matter. Feel free to call or text me personally if you feel I’ve crossed a line. Just tried to say @littlejohnnywas excited about the win. He can defend himself for what he said rather than me trying to do it for him

Hunter was fantastic as always. Good luck to him next weekend 

Edited by CarlSpackler88

7 minutes ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

I haven’t trashed any kid from Baylor. In fact, I’ve been texting back and forth with one of your parents this morning, congratulating them on their son’s placement and looking forward to preps. I’m not naive enough to think that it couldn’t happen at McCallie or any school for that matter. Feel free to call or text me personally if you feel I’ve crossed a line. Just tried to say @littlejohnnywas excited about the win

Hunter was fantastic as always. Good luck to him next weekend 

I was talking about Little Johnny, which you defended as just being excited!  I guarantee little Johnny will not have the guts to make that comment to Mr. Askew the next time they see each other at a tournament! If you won’t say it to the man’s face then why say it on here!  We both know why he won’t! Being excited is not an excuse to be an Idiot. You know that! I love that kid and his family, and I hope the best for them, and they do not deserve to be spoken of in that way! Especially when doing it in such a cowardly fashion!

1 minute ago, JSturgill said:

I was talking about Little Johnny, which you defended as just being excited!  I guarantee little Johnny will not have the guts to make that comment to Mr. Askew the next time they see each other at a tournament! If you won’t say it to the man’s face then why say it on here!  We both know why he won’t! Being excited is not an excuse to be an Idiot. You know that! I love that kid and his family, and I hope the best for them, and they do not deserve to be spoken of in that way! Especially when doing it in such a cowardly fashion!

Can’t disagree. It’s why I’ve made it crystal clear who I am on here. If I say it on here, I’ll say it straight to your face. When I’m wrong, I’m wrong. Should not have defended that statement by glossing over it with my blue glasses on

@littlejohnny you’re on your own here brother

• Upvote 1

Did I say something that was not true? Is an individual that got kicked out of school for violating school policies not a delinquent? That’s not bashing anyone just stating a fact and I purposely left any names out of it. 

But come on are we really going to be that sensitive? 

Our schools are rivals. Am I not allowed to have a little fun on this board after yall been beating our tails for 20 years??? 

20 minutes ago, littlejohnny said:

Did I say something that was not true? Is an individual that got kicked out of school for violating school policies not a delinquent? That’s not bashing anyone just stating a fact and I purposely left any names out of it. 

Our schools are rivals. Am I not allowed to have a little fun on this board after yall been beating our tails for 20 years??? 

Have all the fun you want, just don’t celebrate the misfortune of others. That has a way of coming back around. You are creating a toxic environment!  

37 minutes ago, littlejohnny said:

Celebrate your teams success, celebrate your kid being a placer, but don’t be a complete Dick!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JSturgill said:

Nate is a great kid. He was nothing but exemplary since he went to Baylor from my understanding. His family is as classy as they come.  Didn’t know The Harts. I agree this was a very classless post. Also congrats to Hunter on a great tourney. 

This is not the first incident to ever take place in a dormitory nor will it be the last.  Any time that youth are living away from their parents in a dorm things happen and you just hope that those immature decisions do not follow them forever.  We have all made poor decisions when we were teenagers.  

Edited by cbg
  • Upvote 2

On 2/17/2024 at 8:51 PM, wssm said:

Definitely have a winning team formula. The key is having enough average wrestlers to get 3rd in weights where there are only 2 good wrestlers. They are doing it better than the rest. Congrats

I mean, I am sure McCallie would prefer to win every weight class if it could.   There is something to be said about a program's progress and direction.  Given where McCallie was last year--and the number of those guys you call "average" that are 8th and 9th graders that finished on the podium this year-- McCallie is headed in the right direction. 

Even in this event--McCallie seemed to be taking some steps.  I have not looked at this stat before --but Seed to Place Differential (how the team performed relative to expected performance): 

McCallie +25 (the highest)

Baylor  +7 (#5 of 26)

Father Ryan -14 (last - #26 out of 26)

43 minutes ago, Whoweft said:

I mean, I am sure McCallie would prefer to win every weight class if it could.   There is something to be said about a program's progress and direction.  Given where McCallie was last year--and the number of those guys you call "average" that are 8th and 9th graders that finished on the podium this year-- McCallie is headed in the right direction. 

Even in this event--McCallie seemed to be taking some steps.  I have not looked at this stat before --but Seed to Place Differential (how the team performed relative to expected performance): 

Baylor  +7 (#5 of 26)

Like I said, nice job.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Whoweft said:

Baylor  +7 (#5 of 26)

Just curious abt this. So, in the 113 lb bracket, are you calling Axel the 6 seed and Hare the 1 seed?? If so, yes Axel exceeded his seed to place differential by 3 and if Hare was "your 1 seed", he receives a -3. This would be true if brackets were seeded properly, instead of placed. However, it doesnt make seed to place true when they're not. If your being realistic about the brackets, both kids should probably recieve a ZERO in expected outcomes bc neither placed higher or lower than most reasonably expected when brackets were revealed. Same with Big Gentle and I'm sure there are probably others as well, he's NOT the 2 seed even if he's "placed" in the traditional 2 seed slot of a non- seeded tournament, therefore he shouldn't merit a +1.  Make sense?

Edited by FargoStrut
Spelling
  • Upvote 1