Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

1 minute ago, Ummmno said:

I’ve only said it is an advantage. 

and it is.

so, is an advantage something that others do not have and the reason that makes these wrestlers better?  Again, you do not need to answer, I already know the answer.  Your answer is that this is the prime reason for the success or you would not continue to harp on "no one in the program will give me an admission of my premise".  It is not the advantage you think it is.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

I said "maybe you should ask Allan Jones for a scholarship for your son." Talk about no reading comprehension!

NEVER HAVE I SAID YOU RECEIVED ANY MONEY! However they did give out a scholarship to a kid on HCWC for over $3,000 that lives in Dalton GA that was in middle school when they gave it to him.  So...maybe you should ask and maybe Allan Jones Foundation can make you all the next recipients of that scholarship to help with your gas money

@cobrakid8Maybe you should ask Allan who Eli Lane is my friend. He lives and goes to school in GA. The kids dad and Allan are good friends. Eli came and trained with our club for a couple of years in MS off and on at Allan’s request to get the kid better at wrestling. The kid never attended Cleveland City Schools and never was going to. I am pretty sure he is at Northwest Whitfield. Looks like Allan wanted to do his buddy a favor and help his son develop in wrestling. Honestly, I had no idea he was helping him financially. Funny, you seem so confident you knew what you were talking about. Lol. Well done on that research! I guess your not as great a forensic accountant as you thought you were.

Edited by FrecoFanatic
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

I said money is the sole reason for Cleveland’s success? Go back and find it. 

I’ll be here waiting. 

I do not believe you said or wrote it.  You have inferred it over and over and over.  So you win this "waiting game".  

7 minutes ago, texas23 said:

LIke I commented on, it was inferred.  go back and re-read almost anything posted by ummmno, he kept referring to the money being an advantage, or words to that effect.  I commented on why he was getting push back and I would say pretty much the same about your general comments as well.  I think Steve Henry was pretty much top of the heap for many years and besides having that round gym available, he and his team were something to fear for most teams.  I do not know his funding situation, but let us agree it is not like Cleveland's, yet he still made it happen.  How is that possible (this is a rhetorical question)?

We were never funded like HCWC or Cleveland are. We also hadn’t even been the dominate program that Cleveland is now. Our kids club was mostly volunteer guys and we were mostly poor to middle class at best so there was no traveling across the country and no one to help us get there either. Our middle high programs did ok but we didn’t have the great coaching that prob would have developed more kids at the time until they got into high school. Steve was great but we also had a great assistant with Ashley! But we have won a total state championships I think as Cleveland has won in a row. We did have the round gym and even at that time it was old and constantly in repair, showers barely worked half the time, it was old and dreary downstairs and most of the rooms were junk that just lately were fixed up. I do believe us having the round gym helped us to the position we were in at the time where we were a tough out in a bracket. But again, no one has ever been this dominate in wrestling in TN. So I think it’s 100% because of funding, no, but again, I don’t know if Bosken would be there or Knox be there if not for that funding that started everything out for them and now has been built into a premier program! 

2 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

I said money is the sole reason for Cleveland’s success? Go back and find it. 

I’ll be here waiting. 

You made a Cleveland recruiting thread!!!

That thread is directly tied to you saying Cleveland benefits from the funding. 

basically the funding is used to recruit kids…

then when I say my son never got a penny no one understands how we got there. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Maybe you should ask Allan who Eli Lane is my friend. He lives and goes to school in GA. The kids dad and Allan are good friends. Eli came and trained with our club for a couple of years in MS off and on at Allan’s request to get the kid better at wrestling. The kid never attended Cleveland City Schools and never was going to. I am pretty sure he as at Northwest Whitfield. Looks like Allan wanted to do his buddy a favor and help his son develop in wrestling. Honestly, I had no idea he was helping him financially. Funny, you seem so confident you knew what you were talking about. Lol. Well done on that research! I guess your not as great a forensic accountant as you thought you were.

Oops

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cobrakid8 said:

We were never funded like HCWC or Cleveland are. We also hadn’t even been the dominate program that Cleveland is now. Our kids club was mostly volunteer guys and we were mostly poor to middle class at best so there was no traveling across the country and no one to help us get there either. Our middle high programs did ok but we didn’t have the great coaching that prob would have developed more kids at the time until they got into high school. Steve was great but we also had a great assistant with Ashley! But we have won a total state championships I think as Cleveland has won in a row. We did have the round gym and even at that time it was old and constantly in repair, showers barely worked half the time, it was old and dreary downstairs and most of the rooms were junk that just lately were fixed up. I do believe us having the round gym helped us to the position we were in at the time where we were a tough out in a bracket. But again, no one has ever been this dominate in wrestling in TN. So I think it’s 100% because of funding, no, but again, I don’t know if Bosken would be there or Knox be there if not for that funding that started everything out for them and now has been built into a premier program! 

my very first match ever in high school was in that gym.  I remember it well.  

I believe those coaches are there because they see the vision that was being created.  Their skills make that program better, not the money.  this is only my opinion and observation.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Maybe you should ask Allan who Eli Lane is my friend. He lives and goes to school in GA. The kids dad and Allan are good friends. Eli came and trained with our club for a couple of years in MS off and on at Allan’s request to get the kid better at wrestling. The kid never attended Cleveland City Schools and never was going to. I am pretty sure he as at Northwest Whitfield. Looks like Allan wanted to do his buddy a favor and help his son develop in wrestling. Honestly, I had no idea he was helping him financially. Funny, you seem so confident you knew what you were talking about. Lol. Well done on that research! I guess your not as great a forensic accountant as you thought you were.

Since you didn’t seem to read it, I knew he wasn’t going to Cleveland and never was, I even SAID he wrestled in Dalton GA and was going to the same high school Dear ole Dad wrestled at as he’s a cop down in Dalton! So yeah my forensic is good and yeah he helped a kid get to and from to get to HCWC to practice. Hes been one of the best benefactors in the country for wrestling, never have said anything different! 

3 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

You made a Cleveland recruiting thread!!!

That thread is directly tied to you saying Cleveland benefits from the funding. 

basically the funding is used to recruit kids…

then when I say my son never got a penny no one understands how we got there. 

I DID say Cleveland benefits from funding.

i never said funding is the sole reason for their success.

you guys are delusional 

2 minutes ago, texas23 said:

my very first match ever in high school was in that gym.  I remember it well.  

I believe those coaches are there because they see the vision that was being created.  Their skills make that program better, not the money.  this is only my opinion and observation.

The vision was came into fruition because of that funding, take that however you want, but in the end a vision came true because Allan shared that same vision and put his money where his mouth is. Of course at his net worth, I would do the exact same thing. I’d also raze the round gym and build a state of the art place either back there or by the high school itself if I could buy the land to do so. That was the one biggest thing I hated about it, having to ride the bus over to the round gym all the way from middle school to sophomore year when a friend would drive me. 

1 minute ago, cobrakid8 said:

Since you didn’t seem to read it, I knew he wasn’t going to Cleveland and never was, I even SAID he wrestled in Dalton GA and was going to the same high school Dear ole Dad wrestled at as he’s a cop down in Dalton! So yeah my forensic is good and yeah he helped a kid get to and from to get to HCWC to practice. Hes been one of the best benefactors in the country for wrestling, never have said anything different! 

You are not getting off that easy bro. You brought that up to insinuate Allan was paying athletes to come to our club. If you were not, then why did you throw that in Roller’s face? The money Allan apparently gave Eli benefited one person…Eli. You stuck your foot in your mouth and now you are trying to act like you knew who Eli was and what his relationship to Allan was.

• Like 2

When will we, as a community, come together and say enough is enough?

The only thing they're "outworking everybody" with is the money they're dishing out to bring kids to their program. ”

@Ummmno this you? Seems like @CdotRoller was pretty spot with his assessment of what you said. Go ahead lie and tell us that you were not saying Cleveland is paying to bring athletes to our program.

Edited by FrecoFanatic
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2