Lake County head coaching job open?

30 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I don't see a problem with it.Msybe they shouldn't applied.

This is the type of thinking that has LC in this position again. You are right, maybe they shouldn't have applied. You simply are not going to get top tier applicants if they fear their names being made public.  This is simple. The fact that most of you LC guys don't see it is really telling. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I don't see a problem with it.Msybe they shouldn't applied.

I've been privileged to know the identities of a few applicants over the years, and most express concern about their names being made public just for applying. Some don't feel comfortable about their current employer knowing, but by far the most of them are concerned that the kids on their current team find out. We've never hired one that didn't request that we allow them to have a team meeting before we made an announcement (that I'm aware of), and at that point it's a forgone conclusion that everyone knows soon...it's not about keeping a secret, it's about respecting the bond between the new coach and his/her former team.

Not a big deal that we don't agree, just a difference of opinion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MondaymornQB said:

This is the type of thinking that has LC in this position again. You are right, maybe they shouldn't have applied. You simply are not going to get top tier applicants if they fear their names being made public.  This is simple. The fact that most of you LC guys don't see it is really telling. 

Top tier coaches have their name in the public all the time .. especially if it’s top tier jobs like Lake County and they better be able to adequately deal with it .  I understand yalls shared sentiment and empathy towards the coaches personal life but have any of you heard of freedom of press ? This isn’t a public newspaper or news channel. This is an online forum, it’s a glorified group chat between mostly made up of fans, (fanatic's), boosters , alumni … and most kids nowadays don’t even know what coach T is …. there’s a wide number of other platforms they are concerned with . This isn’t 1999 anymore.

Theres no real credibility behind an online forum, everything has to be taken with a grain of salt . At the end of the days , high school sports is a business just like anything else … even more so now than it ever has been . We are allowed to have disagreements, most of us are against slander and things like that but some of you gotta get with the program or this platform will have no bases in the long term . No slight at Coach T or anything … but it’s basically just  a online forum group chat at this point  and that’ll work if there aren’t people out here bashing someone for reporting something actually interesting in the month of march lol. 

1 minute ago, west10EZ said:

Top tier coaches have their name in the public all the time .. especially if it’s top tier jobs like Lake County and they better be able to adequately deal with it .  I understand yalls shared sentiment and empathy towards the coaches personal life but have any of you heard of freedom of press ? This isn’t a public newspaper or news channel. This is an online forum, it’s a glorified group chat between mostly made up of fans, (fanatic's), boosters , alumni … and most kids nowadays don’t even know what coach T is …. there’s a wide number of other platforms they are concerned with . This isn’t 1999 anymore.

Theres no real credibility behind an online forum, everything has to be taken with a grain of salt . At the end of the days , high school sports is a business just like anything else … even more so now than it ever has been . We are allowed to have disagreements, most of us are against slander and things like that but some of you gotta get with the program or this platform will have no bases in the long term . No slight at Coach T or anything … but it’s basically just  a online forum group chat at this point  and that’ll work if there aren’t people out here bashing someone for reporting something actually interesting in the month of march lol. 

All of that being said …. the coaching carousel has been absolutely insane this year !! I also think it’s an interesting observation that Lake County has a scheduled scrimmage already vs Mcewen without a head coach , makes me wonder  if the coach is already on staff but i’m sure things like that can be planned out ahead of time .. again just a observation 

2 hours ago, TNbuck84 said:

2 hours ago, TNbuck84 said:

for 1A it’s top tier easily from a talent pool standpoint… any one with a semblance of a football brain and loyalty could stay competing for state on a yearly basis within 3 years or less …y’all can take the tampax out now and move on .

Edited by west10EZ

7 hours ago, west10EZ said:

Just now, MondaymornQB said:
7 hours ago, west10EZ said:

Expand  

It's a matter of etiquette and class. Two things that are in rare supply in LC land.