D2 individuals

FR615

16 minutes ago, FR615 said:

Some fantastic matches coming in the semis! Mccallie looks to be in good shape to pull it out. @CarlSpackler88 was right saying there is good chance they win it in the consis. 

Yes it is. Several semis match gonna be big as far as team points go. Of the 3 teams that can win, FR has fewest with 8 in semis but a very realistic shot at putting AT LEAST 7 in the finals while Baylor has 10 and McCallie has 11 in the semis.

34 minutes ago, FR615 said:

Some fantastic matches coming in the semis! Mccallie looks to be in good shape to pull it out. @CarlSpackler88 was right saying there is good chance they win it in the consis. 

Ha…we will see. It does look like we might place 13 guys but we need some high placements from everyone. Tomorrow is a big day for us. Baylor is gonna have a lot of winners and so will y’all. Too close to call but next session should be a blast

If we don’t win, I hope Ryan does ;). Even if you give me such a hard time!!

4 hours ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

Ha…we will see. It does look like we might place 13 guys but we need some high placements from everyone. Tomorrow is a big day for us. Baylor is gonna have a lot of winners and so will y’all. Too close to call but next session should be a blast

If we don’t win, I hope Ryan does ;). Even if you give me such a hard time!!

I appreciate your take. Coop has been impressive. I think you nailed it with Mccallie placing so many. Praying everyone comes out healthy tomorrow after watching the kid taken off on a stretcher. Any update on him?

Edited by FR615

Mccallie’s depth indeed showed out in the consis. VERY impressive showing and incredible season for you guys. Congrats to the Mccallie dads that post on here. Great performances by your boys. 

Edited by FR615

41 minutes ago, FR615 said:

Mccallie’s depth indeed showed out in the consis. VERY impressive showing and incredible season for you guys. Congrats to the Mccallie dads that post on here. Great performances by your boys. 

Thank you sir! Grateful for our group and glad they get a chance to compete against some of the best. Good luck to your guys tonight! Stoked for 132 especially. 

sounds like the kid from Lakeway is ok!! Thank goodness 

Edited by CarlSpackler88
  • Like 1

Just now, CarlSpackler88 said:

Thank you sir! Grateful for our group and glad they get a chance to compete against some of the best. Good luck to your guys tonight! Stoked for 132 especially. 

That will be a fantastic final. 

Looks like ol Carl was right, McCallie gonna win it on the backside. Brought 13 outta 14 and all 13 placed. FR and especially Baylor have a more thoughbreds at this time but McCallie had a few of their own and plenty of pack mules to carry the load. Congrats McCallie parents and wrestlers on a great season!

23 hours ago, FR615 said:

Yes it is. Several semis match gonna be big as far as team points go. Of the 3 teams that can win, FR has fewest with 8 in semis but a very realistic shot at putting AT LEAST 7 in the finals while Baylor has 10 and McCallie has 11 in the semis.

• Upvote 1

I’m gonna say what we’re all thinking but just don’t say.

We’ve all yelled “stalling” at some point. Or at wanted a ref to make a certain call.

But Father Ryan fans are just obnoxious with it. Yelling for it if the kid takes just a couple steps back. Immediately after their kid gets a takedown. Etc. The pretentiousness is on a new level. Maybe even more so than Cleveland.

maybe 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wssm said:

Prediction for National preps? Top 3 or 4? Top 2 will be hard crack.

Congrats to McCallie for the team championship and to all National Prep qualifiers (state finalists) and wildcard hopefuls! For those interested, below are the National Prep rankings for each weight class heading into this weekend.  There will certainly be some shake-ups as state tournament/qualifier results come in from this weekend:

Rankings | 88th Annual National (nationalprepwrestling.org)

There are currently 5 nationally ranked "Fab 50" teams in the field: #1 Wyoming Seminary (PA), #2 Blair Academy (NJ), #6 Malvern Prep (PA), #13 Lake Highland Prep (FL), and #31 Green Farm Academy (CT).  This will be a great opportunity for Tennessee athletes to make a statement about the continued growth of the sport in our state!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1