D2 individuals

FR615

3 hours ago, Ummmno said:

I’m gonna say what we’re all thinking but just don’t say.

We’ve all yelled “stalling” at some point. Or at wanted a ref to make a certain call.

But Father Ryan fans are just obnoxious with it. Yelling for it if the kid takes just a couple steps back. Immediately after their kid gets a takedown. Etc. The pretentiousness is on a new level. Maybe even more so than Cleveland.

maybe 

Have you ever been to an Iowa Hawkeye match in Iowa City?  They begin to call for stalling during the introductions.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TNUSAWrestling said:

Congrats to McCallie for the team championship and to all National Prep qualifiers (state finalists) and wildcard hopefuls! For those interested, below are the National Prep rankings for each weight class heading into this weekend.  There will certainly be some shake-ups as state tournament/qualifier results come in from this weekend:

Rankings | 88th Annual National (nationalprepwrestling.org)

There are currently 5 nationally ranked "Fab 50" teams in the field: #1 Wyoming Seminary (PA), #2 Blair Academy (NJ), #6 Malvern Prep (PA), #13 Lake Highland Prep (FL), and #31 Green Farm Academy (CT).  This will be a great opportunity for Tennessee athletes to make a statement about the continued growth of the sport in our state!

The state will also be sending their 1st female from a Tennessee HS (2nd overall behind Avery Kibelbek who went to Wyoming Seminary) to compete at National Preps.

Aliya Whaley (current Junior, 2x TSSAA medalist, 2023 TSSAA runner up) will be competing out of Knoxville Catholic at 152 pounds as the #2 or #3 seed.

Edited by JSamson7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ummmno said:

I’m gonna say what we’re all thinking but just don’t say.

We’ve all yelled “stalling” at some point. Or at wanted a ref to make a certain call.

But Father Ryan fans are just obnoxious with it. Yelling for it if the kid takes just a couple steps back. Immediately after their kid gets a takedown. Etc. The pretentiousness is on a new level. Maybe even more so than Cleveland.

maybe 

While they drive me crazy, I’m certain we do the same! Ha!! 

I just appreciate how much they care. If they didn’t, the environment wouldn’t be the same. 

• Like 1