SLICED BREAD

CU06

1 hour ago, CU06 said:

Is Bradley Central the greatest thing since then? These scores are incredible. Surely theyll be cutting down the nets in the Boro in a few weeks.

They recruit well and are a powerhouse no denying that. They would be my pick to cut down the nets. Their coach on the other hand is a piece of you know what. Running up scores on teams like that is completely unnecessary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Random1234 said:

They recruit well and are a powerhouse no denying that. They would be my pick to cut down the nets. Their coach on the other hand is a piece of you know what. Running up scores on teams like that is completely unnecessary. 

He has long been the butt of many jokes in coaching and media circles throughout the state.

Wow…just checked in to see if there was any region chat from the SE part of the state and stumbled across this.  More running up the scores talk.  I wouldn’t say that the scores are run up…I’d say the other team can’t stop them.  What do you propose be done…go 4 corners and pass the ball around for 3 quarters? Maybe intentionally miss shots to keep it close?  Shoot from 1/2 court only?  Play 3 on offense and keep 2 back on the other end? Maybe only play 4 players???  

Why would you penalize the Bradley players because the other teams can’t match their level?  They are playing for another championship and in order to do that they are expected to pay their best night in and night out.  Teams competing for championships don’t slow down. You play the game to win.  Plain and simple.  

As for Reuter there’s no one else in the area that I would have wanted my kid to play for…call names all you want if it makes you feel good. Maybe sometime you can show us on a doll where he hurt you! That might be the first step in your recovery.  

1 hour ago, StateChampDad said:

Wow…just checked in to see if there was any region chat from the SE part of the state and stumbled across this.  More running up the scores talk.  I wouldn’t say that the scores are run up…I’d say the other team can’t stop them.  What do you propose be done…go 4 corners and pass the ball around for 3 quarters? Maybe intentionally miss shots to keep it close?  Shoot from 1/2 court only?  Play 3 on offense and keep 2 back on the other end? Maybe only play 4 players???  

Why would you penalize the Bradley players because the other teams can’t match their level?  They are playing for another championship and in order to do that they are expected to pay their best night in and night out.  Teams competing for championships don’t slow down. You play the game to win.  Plain and simple.  

As for Reuter there’s no one else in the area that I would have wanted my kid to play for…call names all you want if it makes you feel good. Maybe sometime you can show us on a doll where he hurt you! That might be the first step in your recovery.  

He is and have always been a great recruiter! 

15 hours ago, StateChampDad said:

Stop being a homer for once. If you just watch the Bradley girls games they are running up the score. Just recently I clicked in to see how much they were beating Howard by, it was something like 50 points in the 3rd quarter and Bradley was still pushing the ball up the court for fast break layups. You can't tell me that's not running up the score? Pack it in a zone, get the rebound, wait for the defense to set up, and if they don't pressure, then yes hold the ball. That is (in my opinion) the downfall of TN, no shot clock. If they pressure you, run the halfcourt sets and score. You follow this method, you are still "playing to win", you are just doing it with a little class which wouldn't hurt considering these are teenage girls we are talking about. 

8 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Bearettes are losing tonight :lol:. But seriously I think they put it on us pretty good tonight. Beating them at home is near impossible and they are playing better than ever right now. You look at the other 15 teams left and it’s hard to see anyone beating them. 

Lady Raiders played them good last time.  Not gonna lie I was a little worried.  Not the same as I was when she played…but still had some anxiety!  

Should be a good game. 

4 hours ago, Random1234 said:

Stop being a homer for once. If you just watch the Bradley girls games they are running up the score. Just recently I clicked in to see how much they were beating Howard by, it was something like 50 points in the 3rd quarter and Bradley was still pushing the ball up the court for fast break layups. You can't tell me that's not running up the score? Pack it in a zone, get the rebound, wait for the defense to set up, and if they don't pressure, then yes hold the ball. That is (in my opinion) the downfall of TN, no shot clock. If they pressure you, run the halfcourt sets and score. You follow this method, you are still "playing to win", you are just doing it with a little class which wouldn't hurt considering these are teenage girls we are talking about. 

By doing what you mention their style of play has to change.  When they have close games they want to play their style.  The more they play the way they want to, the more effective and efficient they become.  Thats what wins championships . We will just have to agree to disagree on this one…if a team doesn’t want to get blown out, PLAY BETTER.