20twentyfour Dobbins Bennett foozeball

On 4/22/2024 at 12:29 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

There're 2 or 3 keepers on the coaching staff, the rest should be selling used cars. No involvement in the little leagues or middle schools, which also has terrible coaching. But we have a very nice Stadium with an upper deck and fancy lights that change color. People in Kingsport just need something to brag about and right now it's the Band. The band has actually sucked the life out of the sports teams. At halftime you can watch 1/3 of the fans get up and leave after the band performance. And out of the 2/3 that are left, half of them doesn't even know there's a game going on until somebody scores. 

Who are the keepers in your opinion?

7 hours ago, blazer1set said:

It's not just DB, I don't think any of the NET big schools will ever be relevant in football.      Meaning in the playoffs.....

As you know I've preached it before but the big schools can be relevant in the football playoffs but the entire system has to by in from the pee wee up.  I can promise you if Caine Ballard was the head coach at DB he would win them a championship with the athletes they have including the ones walking the halls.  It's a system and a strong head coach that knows what they are doing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Swipes said:

As you know I've preached it before but the big schools can be relevant in the football playoffs but the entire system has to by in from the pee wee up.  I can promise you if Caine Ballard was the head coach at DB he would win them a championship with the athletes they have including the ones walking the halls.  It's a system and a strong head coach that knows what they are doing.

Agree all the way Swipes.

21 hours ago, Swipes said:

Science Hill has had a lot of athletes over the years as well.     I totally agree with you

Problem with DB football goes beyond coaching. Like Waco said. Thr band is the main focus of their community and school. They have the resources to be a championship level team. Guarantee Ballard or Witten could have them nationally relevant at some point but everyone down to peewee would have to buy in and at DB we all know that would never happen.