11 million dollar addition to HVA

ILB1999

25 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

Just saw in the news that HVA is getting an 11 million dollar addition.  I assume that will allow them to have more students in the future.  Will that make them the biggest school around?

I would think Farragut has the largest enrollment in Knox County but Hardin Valley community is really growing and I could see that school having the largest student population in the future.  

Edited by Orangeslide

9 minutes ago, Orangeslide said:

I would think Farragut has the largest enrollment in Knox County but Hardin Valley community is really growing and I could see that school having the largest student population in the future.  

https://cms-files.tssaa.org/documents/tssaa/2022-23/2023classification.html#di-football

This shows that HVA has the most between the two, which is embarrassing since they are so bad.

HVA is massive, and it's only going to get bigger. The amount of farm land that is being developed is just insane, and there is so much more to come. The growth on that side of I-40 is easily outpacing what's left to develop in Farragut (McFee/Choto).

24 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

HVA is massive, and it's only going to get bigger. The amount of farm land that is being developed is just insane, and there is so much more to come. The growth on that side of I-40 is easily outpacing what's left to develop in Farragut (McFee/Choto).

As a Real Estate Broker you are right on the money!  They will have to build a new high school towards Watt Rd on that side of 40 before you know it.  Farragut is 90-95% developed and Hardin Valley is becoming the new Farragut in Knoxville.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 4:57 PM, Swipes said:

As a Real Estate Broker you are right on the money!  They will have to build a new high school towards Watt Rd on that side of 40 before you know it.  Farragut is 90-95% developed and Hardin Valley is becoming the new Farragut in Knoxville.

Yep new construction cookie cutter homes are breeding faster than rabbits over there.  Unfortunately boys, East Tennessee has been discovered.  The Ohios and the Michigans are flooding in here like a Tsunami.  We're screwed boys.  

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Yep new construction cookie cutter homes are breeding faster than rabbits over there.  Unfortunately boys, East Tennessee has been discovered.  The Ohios and the Michigans are flooding in here like a Tsunami.  We're screwed boys.  

You aren't lying about that!  I've been in it long enough to see that change and how crazy it has gotten since 2020.  East Tennessee was a hidden gem thats been discovered by everyone and their mother

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

At least most from Ohio and Michigan are tollerable people. 

Just close entry to those from California,  New York, and the People's Republic of Massachusetts,  please. 

• Like 1