11 million dollar addition to HVA

ILB1999

19 hours ago, atrisk said:

I've read where the most new arrivals (legal) are coming from is Florida.

Yup, according to the Census Bureau, Florida, California, and Georgia are the top three states where folks are coming from. But if you also factor in those leaving TN for other states, the net gain from Florida is relatively small, and it's actually negative for Georgia. Based on net gain, California and Illinois are where we are gaining the most folks from.

The secret is definitely out. According to the annual U-Haul statistics, which is also a pretty good migration indicator, Tennessee has been a top 6 growth state every year since the pandemic (2020 - #1, 2021 - #3, 2022 - #6, 2023 - #5).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

I wonder if any of the $$$ are going into the athletic facilities??

They would still have their cow pasture football field had Pilot not donated the money for what they have now. The whole place is a nightmare to get into and out of during football games. The visitor side is the worst I have ever seen in my life. 

On 3/31/2024 at 9:23 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

They would still have their cow pasture football field had Pilot not donated the money for what they have now. The whole place is a nightmare to get into and out of during football games. The visitor side is the worst I have ever seen in my life. 

dumpster fire there

The natural half bowl could have been an awesome venue if it was utilized correctly. They could have done something like Dorman or Gaffney in SC.

3 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

The natural half bowl could have been an awesome venue if it was utilized correctly. They could have done something like Dorman or Gaffney in SC.

Originally the plan was for HVA to not even have its own baseball/softball/football stadiums and share facilities with nearby high schools.  That changed very late in the process.  

• Like 1

Look, the Oldfield was awful. But you really hating on it a lot more than it needs to be hated. It’s really not that bad of a stadium. Yes, they could’ve done a lot more, and the old field was awful, pilot definitely saved them there, but the bleachers aren’t even that bad. The parking is awful. And they are fixing that because it’s no longer a problem just for football, basketball, or baseball games, it’s now a problem for students whom actually go there because they don’t have enough parking spots for most of their senior and junior classes, especially no spots for sophomores or freshman who get their license early. The football team has two great facilities. great weight room, and a pretty good film room, both very big. The weight room is its own building, and the baseball team also has great facilities, a great field, and a pretty darn good setting. I’m not sure anymore, but before COVID, there was a plan to make a soccer stadium on the right side, right next to the high school. They cleared the trees that were there, but I’m pretty sure it was canceled because of COVID. I’m sure they’re going to do it eventually. But for a four-school campus, preschool, elementary school, middle school, and high school, They did a pretty darn good job with what they had, and I don’t know about traffic. I mean, I’ve been to baseball, football, soccer, and numerous basketball games before, and traffic is just like any other high school after a game, but maybe I’ve gotten lucky. I don’t know. 

38 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

Look, the Oldfield was awful. But you really hating on it a lot more than it needs to be hated. It’s really not that bad of a stadium. Yes, they could’ve done a lot more, and the old field was awful, pilot definitely saved them there, but the bleachers aren’t even that bad. The parking is awful. And they are fixing that because it’s no longer a problem just for football, basketball, or baseball games, it’s now a problem for students whom actually go there because they don’t have enough parking spots for most of their senior and junior classes, especially no spots for sophomores or freshman who get their license early. The football team has two great facilities. great weight room, and a pretty good film room, both very big. The weight room is its own building, and the baseball team also has great facilities, a great field, and a pretty darn good setting. I’m not sure anymore, but before COVID, there was a plan to make a soccer stadium on the right side, right next to the high school. They cleared the trees that were there, but I’m pretty sure it was canceled because of COVID. I’m sure they’re going to do it eventually. But for a four-school campus, preschool, elementary school, middle school, and high school, They did a pretty darn good job with what they had, and I don’t know about traffic. I mean, I’ve been to baseball, football, soccer, and numerous basketball games before, and traffic is just like any other high school after a game, but maybe I’ve gotten lucky. I don’t know. 

Hear me out on this one. If your setting on the visitor side at a football game at HVA and your on the first row you are exactly 84 feet to the sideline not to mention your setting down low which the football team blocks your view unless you can get higher seats that only takes you farther away. If your on the home side you are exactly 109 feet from the first row to the sideline but the only positive is the bleachers are on higher ground but the sun will blind you until it goes down. I don't care about their weight room because I'm there to watch a football game that is a nightmare to see and also getting out of there after the game. I guess I'm spoiled because Maryville's field is 27 feet from first in the visitors side to the sidelines and it is built up where the players don't block your view. The home side is 30 feet from the side line to the first row and your setting up high also to prevent the players from blocking your view. HVA's design on the fields is an all time blunder considering it was a school built since 2000. If there is a place I dread going to HVA tops the list.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Hear me out on this one. If your setting on the visitor side at a football game at HVA and your on the first row you are exactly 84 feet to the sideline not to mention your setting down low which the football team blocks your view unless you can get higher seats that only takes you farther away. If your on the home side you are exactly 109 feet from the first row to the sideline but the only positive is the bleachers are on higher ground but the sun will blind you until it goes down. I don't care about their weight room because I'm there to watch a football game that is a nightmare to see and also getting out of there after the game. I guess I'm spoiled because Maryville's field is 27 feet from first in the visitors side to the sidelines and it is built up where the players don't block your view. The home side is 30 feet from the side line to the first row and your setting up high also to prevent the players from blocking your view. HVA's design on the fields is an all time blunder considering it was a school built since 2000. If there is a place I dread going to HVA tops the list.

HVA is a dumpster fire. They will never be good. Too big of a school to move down in classification. It will be a lacrosse & baseball as soon as lacrosse is TSSAA sanctioned