Farragut and Courtney continue

Good choice. When we replaced GQ with Derek he wasn't an outsider and knew the system that none of us wanted changing. I'm sure a lot of the Farragut fans don't want their system changed. When you have an outsider come in you never know how long they will be there or if they're using you for their next move. Look at all the programs out there and you never see a coach hang around very long. Farragut doesn't need that especially long as his father had been in charge. Good luck to his son and coaching the Admirals.

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Heard a good handful of boys that were on the loaded 8th grade(rising 9th) team are going to catholic and it was even before the dad was going to resign

Why go 4-6 when you can go 7-6 and pay for it?

Good choice for them, hes paid his dues and earned a shot at the job, He still will have Dad around for advice. Main thing it looks like he will have to deal with is keeping Farragut football kids in Farragut. The recruiting juggernauts are waiting to pounce. 

• Upvote 1

Farragut has been surrounded by four popular private schools for many years (ALL of whom NOW can offer financial assistance) and has lost considerable impact players to them over the years. And, let’s face it, West Knox County kids are the primary resource to populate those private schools.

If anything, I believe Eddie kept the football program from completely unraveling by successfully keeping at least some of the more talented kids in the program.  Quite simply, in my observation and opinion, Eddie is a very good man and an outstanding mentor for young people; parents and kids respect that. I have every reason to believe Geoff will maintain that environment and mentorship.

• Upvote 2

Everyone knew this is where this hire was going, local news stations said it in their story about Holier Than Thou Eddie retiring. 

The program really needed new energy and someone that is willing to play the game, much like Saban getting out at Alabama. This hire feels more like the easy way out as opposed to the right hire. People respected the previous coach and he could sell on his reputation of being an upstanding coach.

Unfortunately, that all goes out the window when he steps away, even if they keep him around in the background as some have mentioned. His son may try to keep things the same, but doesn't have the years of goodwill built up to sell to incoming players. It is going to be tough for him to succeed with all the private schools circling, waiting to attack. 

It seems now is the time to attack and it seems like they are if what others are saying about them losing incoming Freshmen.

It feels like the principal and AD did a disservice to the program by taking the easy way out instead of getting someone that is qualified to take the program to the next level.  Everything I have seen says Holier Than Thou Eddie retired so someone could bring renewed energy to Fairygut. This hire feels like the status quo will stay intact for as long as the supporters will put up with losing football games.