Soddy Daisy Investigation

FR615

1 hour ago, Rasslinking said:

Elite coach? Hes good. Not elite

Arguably an elite competitor.

But, the money hes asking for.... doesn't match his results.

Mark my words.....greed is ruining the future of SD.

SAD

That’s horrible to hear. 

11 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Elite coach? Hes good. Not elite

Arguably an elite competitor.

But, the money hes asking for.... doesn't match his results.

Mark my words.....greed is ruining the future of SD.

SAD

Elite is what they call that group since they wanted to split it off from the beginners and then pay Jake peanuts and David wanting to get paid what most wished they made in their full time job, not counting private lessons he keeps all the money for. So I’m just going by the elite label they were getting under the academy banner instead of just staying all under SDWC. 

and you are right greed is going to kill the program unless they can get it all under control which is sad since they are showing success.

12 hours ago, cowcatcherII said:

I have only heard positive things about Coach Winesburg. I have also heard some of the accusations which are concerning especially considering the police is involved but they sure don’t seem like the coach I’ve heard so many positive things about prior to this. 

@cobrakid8 do you have any information? 

Hoping you can confirm that none of this is true. 

Should hear the results soon of this nothingburger. This kind of stuff is the reason I quit teaching and coaching. Parents get all butthurt and when things don’t go their way they feel the need to make life miserable for others. 

also cobra can no longer post on here, we have a bunch of babies on here with sensitive ears. 

Edited by ObseverW
  • Upvote 1

Updated article indicating he’s being investigated by the Department of Children’s Services for allegations of child abuse or neglect. What??? 

All I will say is the rumors I had heard prior to this had nothing to do with child abuse or neglect. I really hope these are just allegations and nothing more. 

https://www.local3news.com/local-news/update-dcs-now-investigating-suspended-soddy-daisy-wrestling-coach/article_a8a8a2cc-f9b4-11ee-8a4d-5bd9facd30f6.html#

1 hour ago, cowcatcherII said:

Updated article indicating he’s being investigated by the Department of Children’s Services for allegations of child abuse or neglect. What??? 

All I will say is the rumors I had heard prior to this had nothing to do with child abuse or neglect. I really hope these are just allegations and nothing more. 

https://www.local3news.com/local-news/update-dcs-now-investigating-suspended-soddy-daisy-wrestling-coach/article_a8a8a2cc-f9b4-11ee-8a4d-5bd9facd30f6.html#

Pretty sure they were related to this. Prob a butthurt parent whose kid didn’t make varsity and they have tried 3 times now to be investigated. We shall see what happens in the end but if these are tied to the idiot that continues to make “anonymous” allegations, I hope they can get sued til they no longer own anything in their life! 

also one big reason I no longer teach or coach, had a friend back in the day that had allegations made, spurned girlfriend who tried to make his life heck twice! Almost cost him his job and being suspended wasn’t a good time for him because with this stuff it’s guilty until proven innocent. Sorry, but having to handle kids with gloves so much now days makes it not even worth it, I thought about coming back and volunteering for free because I love the sport, but no way I can coach these kids like Henry used to do back in the day and so no reason for me to want to be back on the mat.

4 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

This entire ordeal is ridiculous… as for David leaving, I don’t blame them to not pay him what he was wanting IF that number I heard is true. 

Number you heard is most likely true and again is more than a lot of people make a year working a full time job. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

The issue here is not reporting an incident between teammates from what I have heard so it’s not shocking DCS is involved to some degree. The allegation was serious. Many people close to the program question whether the alleged incident actually took place.  

Edited by FR615