Livingston vs. White Co.

The General

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this website to try and figure who everyone is or to talk about basketball? Here lately all a few people are doing is trying to guess who each other is. I can't honestly believe that Bruce Slatten said those horrible things to the team, but maybe he has hit bottom and is trying something different to motivite then because obviously his old tricks aren't working. I still can't imagine him saying things like that to his players, give the man some credit, its not like everyone in the state of TN hates him. He has quite a few fans in Perry County who would love to have him back. I'm not saying he's perfect, but NONE of us are. I usually don't type on here because I am from West Tennessee and I do not like to comment when I don't know a lot about the topic, but I know Slatten. If he was half as bad as some people made him out to be, he would still be a better man than most. :)

Hey fastereddie! Didn't I see you at Wal-Mart the other day? Benchcoach, didn't I talk to you at Food Lion a couple of days ago? Come on, folks! This is a basketball board, not the dating game. If you want to hook up, go somewhere else. The rest of us want to talk about Sparta's boys' basketball team. Why don't you try Match.com or something to get a date?

Well, if you're going to get on here and shoot your mouth off, why not reveal yourself? You mock them, but you are obviously just as bad. Hey- maybe I'm Slatten's wife or something? I sure do take up for him! Makes you wonder! I'm just joking though, I'm far from Slatten's wife, but seriously, lets get back to bball and away from bashing people and their programs! ;)

Pinkpanther- You said that if Slatten got fired it would not be at all his fault. That is not your exact statement but that is what you said. YOu said because he had no talent, no support, and no something else I don't know. I bet that is what coaches wish they could blame it on. You said the boys have to take responsibility at some point. You are right, but so does the coach doesn't he? I mean we are not talking about one game, look at the record so far this season. They have lost a lot of games to teams that they were just as talented as such as Livingston twice, Upperman,(thats 3 they could have had for sure) and even the cookeville and crossville games the boys were not outmatched by much in talent. Can you blame all those lost games on the players? I mean every one of them is all the players right? When a team is equal in talent against teams and still looses then there is a big problem and I would think the roots of it is at the coach. I don't blame Slatten for every loss and this last one may not have been his fault (i had to leave at halftime). I'm just looking at the season to this point.

Benchcoach- I can't believe you even said what you said in your post. That's irony for you isn't it. Your right you can't blame a coach for every loss.......remember that.

[Edited by fastereddie on 12-18-02 11:27P]

[Edited by fastereddie on 12-18-02 11:29P]