Mt Julilet 43 - Brentwood Academy 39

gomab2

Mt Juliet beat a deep Brentwood Academy team tonight 43-39, in what will not go down as the prettiest game in High School history..... Each team committed almost 20 turnovers in the sloppy game.... Brentwood Academy led 22-10 at HALF TIME, yet the Bears came back to win the game after trailing for three quarters......

Mt Juliet was led by #22 with 13 points, 5 boards and 3 steals. 6'6 Jr Shawn Sims added 10 points and 9 boards, while Jr G Julian Haynes added 8 points....

Brentwood Academy was led by Brandon Wright with 10 points and 2 steals, as Josh Bone added 9 points....

gomab i have to agree with you. while mt juliet came out sloppy brentwood academy could have blown it wide open but couldnt. the refs let the kids play. i liked that no tic tak fouls. mt juliet came out of the half down by 13 and started to press. brentwood academy couldnt handle the press and choked. mj capitalized on the presser and over came the two big men for ba.

Deep team, yes. Maybe perceived to be too deep.

These kids are a great collection of athletes, but clearly not a team...at least not yet. They have collapsed and blown (or nearly blown vs. Baylor) huge leads in several games. As a BA fan, I'm pretty frustrated, and really think Coach Pitts needs to consider playing some kids for longer stretches of time...preferably those that seem to actually care whether they win or lose. I did not see a lot of upset players tonight or last night after the games. That is not a good sign.

George Pitts is one of the greatest basketball coaches around. He plays a lot of players in one game. You should realize that from just one season with him. However, if the kids that are playing don't seem to care then maybe he should be just using the kids that do. It should be easy to get those kids on the courts in short spans, it'd just be more frequent. Losing two games in a row like this though, that's not good at all. Can the Eagles turn it around to be as good as many thought they would be?

Pitts clearly is a great coach. One can look at his record over the years and tell that. I think the problem right now is that with so many new players coming in last year and this year, and playing so many freshmen, they just aren't used to playing together. They don't seem able to get the ball to the right person in the right place, and consequently their shooting percentage is abysmal. I think they'll come around...I just hope it's soon.

Part of the problem has to be conditioning. The vast majority of the players are not in basketball shape, thus creating the necessity to play more people when conventional situations might not imply the need to do so. I think that once these guys get in better shape, we'll see fewer substitutions and more consistency from the Eagles. They looked REALLY good in the 2nd and 3rd quarters against Cumberland County (once led 63-46) but wore down in the 4th and lost by 12 (82-70). Once they get in better basketball shape, they'll be fine. Hopefully. :o

Am wondering??? Is Julian Hayes a soph. or a junior as mentioned in a previous post?? I believe i saw him play several times in AAU ball last spring and was quite impressed with his game, but also thought he was an upcoming soph., since that is whom he was playing against. Please clarify if anyone knows. Thanks