TOP FIELDS

Skyhawk

there is this school in eagleville, it has nice big dugout great food in concessions...oh and there field is awesome. dirt infield and chainlinked fence that surrounds the field. when it rains it looks like a swimming pool. one day i saw a guy walk out there with scuba gear, no joke! but occasionally when it dries which it rarely does there are some puddles around the bases oh and there is one right behind the pitchers mound. it looks neat! i think that the state tourney should be held there. it would be awesome baby!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin Co. has one of the nicest baseball facilities in the state for high school baseball. We did lose our groundskeeper (assistant coach Joe Hix), but we hired another groundskeeper (assistant coach Jamie Hill) to maintain the field and coach the freshman team. He has big shoes to fill, but I'm sure coach king will get it done. The stadium won a county beautification award last year which is a tribute to the hard work Hix and Kimg put in to it. We are all proud of the stadium and our team. GO REBELS!!!

Farragut, Morristown West, and Dobbyns-Bennett are 3 of the best I have ever played on. Science Hill also has a great place to play, but I don't consider Cardinal Park because it is technically not theirs. But Farragut is by far the best high school field I have seen. DB has a great atmosphere around it with the stadium. Morristown West is a relatively young field, but has a great stadium, and Coach Haun always keeps the playing surface in tip top shape. Should win best field in region this year, and as soon as they get lights, will host district games year in and year out.

White House has a better field than most teams in the state. I saw where some guy put up a post earlier that said they have their own groundskeeper, thats cool, but whats impressive is that WH's players maintain their own field. Most junior college fields arent as good as this one. Oh, and Marshall Co., your field blows. Its both a baseball field and a football field. Thats one of the worst fields I have played on.

Have you ever played at Volunteer (in Church Hill, TN)? That's where I spent my high school days. I liked Dobyns-Bennett pretty good too, I had a lot of success pitching there. One place I absolutely hated though was Rutledge, I remember that there was a red hard plastic school chair turned backwards to fill a gap in the fencing and that powerlines were hanging over both left and right field.

I'd like to nominate Hixson's field also. Our field is maintained by the coaches, players and primarily by the baseball booster club. Like others, we are a work in progress. Over the winter, we have installed a sprinkler system, new sound system, erected a new storage building, enlarged our concession stand and enclosed our press box.

Like it or not, just like most public schools, it falls upon the team and boosters to make any and all upgrades to facilities.

Some of the other nice fields I have seen in our area: Soddy Daisy, Grundy County, Lookout Valley and Tullahoma.

Players, please remember, all of the work performed by the coaches and parents are to provide you with the best possible place to play that we can. Please thank them!

NoinTeam,

In case you didn't know, an inground irrigation system was installed in the fall at Riverdale for both infield and outfield. Not bad improvements in 2 1/2 years.....huge indoor facility with two batting cages, two pitching mounds, weight lifting equipment, along with all the other you mentioned. Next on the lineup is locker/dressing/media room for the boys, outdoor canopy for picnic area for fans, covered stands for protection of weather, rolling cage and tarp for the field.