AAA Top Ten

Froggy

The problem is that it's impossible to "get" out of Memphis on a consistent basis with so many teams in the region. East proved last year that they deserve respect with their performance in the state tournament, but as good as they are it's unlikely to repeat that performance because of the region's difficulty. Success at state comes in part from having experienced it's pressure before. Memphis teams don't allow each other to get that experience.

Of course my argument can be easily rebutted by demonstrating how a different Memphis Boy's team has dominated state in the past few years in both AA and AAA, so I guess I've just proven myself wrong. ;)

If East can make it back I'm looking for an improvment on their one game and out victory over Oak Ridge from last year.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think White Co. now has to be in the top ten somewhere. They have beaten Farragut, Livingston, and Jackson Co. They also beat West Lauderdale, MS in the Greeneville tourney this past weekend. W. Lauderdale gave Greeneville girls their only loss of the season. Pretty good arguement for White Co. girls.

Oak Ridge, as much as I hate to admit it, Shelbyville is the best team in TN. I will agree you did beat them, but that does not mean that you are a better team then they are. The best team does not always win the championship, take Sevier County last year. They were not the #1 team but it ended up that way. Shelbyville did win the down in Atlanta, but championship game would have been closer if McEachern had the legs in that game. They had two tough games before Shelbyville and looked tired in that game.

With Farragut and Sevier co. Who by the way won the state last year with 3 starters returning, this disdrict is a sleeper. Maryville beat S. C. twice last year and Heritage beat them once. Although Heritage lost their inside game, they have a super freshman in their point guard. South - Doyle has Buly and Bell who are great players for them. Alot of posts are for Nashville area teams. Sorry folks, but with the above mentioned teams,Monday, Lange, Buly and McMahon, this district is as good as any. All roads lead to Oak Ridge and this area is a hot bed of girls basketball. Enough said.

Just because a team has beaten another doesnt mean they should always receive a higher ranking...those are stupid comments. Rankings are based on how you have played the entire season. Personally, think Shelbyville is the better team. Better coaching and better players. Not saying Oak Ridge doesnt have good coaching or players, becasue they have both. So I guess Texas women should be ranked ahead of the Lady Vols since they beat them by 1pt?

gomabsilk..I disagree with you. If 2 of the best teams in the state have one loss each and the one loss is to the other team you HAVE to rank them ahead of the other. I think Oak Ridge and Shelbyville are the 2 best teams, but you have to put Oak Ridge first because they gave Shelbyville their loss. Shelbyville has better players because they usually come from all over TN{Woosely, Ramsey, etc.}. However, I give more credit to Oak Ridges Coach Prudden than Insell. I'd rather have her coach a team anyday than Insell.

Guest 1moretime

If Oak Ridge was to win the State Championship I guess using the same crazy logic of some on this thread there will still be those Shelbyville fans who will say that Shelbyville is the better team so they're really the State Champs. The important question so far this season on this issue is when the two teams in question played who won????? Oak Ridge! Enough said.

85Warrior...I am just saying when it comes to ranking teams a win against a certain team doesnt grant you a higher ranking than the team you beat. It happens at all levels, regardless of whether both teams have one loss or five. I can see how Shelbyville would be ranked #1 and I also could see how Oak Ridge could be ranked #1.My question to you is...did you see the game? In my opinion the best team did not win the game. The game was decided in overtime by one point. Also, how dare the media rank Indiana men higher than Kentucky(Kentucky won the head to head). How dare the media rank Vanderbilt women higher than TCU or Louisville(both beat Vanderbilt).