AAA Top Ten

Froggy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mobee, all i am saying is I can see it either way...Oak Ridge #1 or Shelbyville #1. But everyone that is acting like rankings are always based on head to head are the ones being biased. Especially if you did not see the head to head match-up or havent seen either team play. When it comes to any rankings there will always be biased opinions involved. Just seeing both teams play, i think Shelbyville is really the better team.

85warrior...i cannot believe the Tennesseans Mid-State rankings had Riverdale ranked ahead of Harpeth Hall and Harpeth Hall beat Riverdale and has one less loss than Riverdale. So its not just people being biased toward Shelbyville, it happens all the time. Now if you want to tell me you were wrong, i will not come up with anymore examples of how the losing team in the head to head matchup can still be ranked above the winning team.

gomabsilk...I was not wrong. All I have said all along is that if BOTH teams have one loss and one beat the other I personally would HAVE to rank the one that won above the other. Shelbyville may very well be better, but since they lost to Oak Ridge and both teams have a loss, Oak Ridge would get my vote.

Why isn't Harpeth ranked ahead of Riverdale? My question is who is the person ratings these teams? Have they seen enough of these squads to rate them 1,2,3,etc,etc.

Also Jill Prudden does her share of recruiting in East Tenn. Give me little Ricky anyday. I've seen him bring out the greatness in a player.

The only thing about head to head logic in ranking is you don't always know everything that happened that may have caused a team to win or lose...what if an injury or illness played a role in the game?...I realize this doesn't help HH any vs Riverdale because HH beat the Riv like a yard dog, and the Warriors were healthy...Remember the AP voters don't get to see every game...they also can't possibly know all of the head to head matchups for the state...i could go on, but why...rankings really don't mean much...

I think Powell should receive some consideration. I watched them recently at Oak Ridge. Powell led the entire ball game until very very late. I know Oak Ridge is good, but Powell is a team to be reckened with. Remember the name Erin Ogan, she's 6-1, averaging about 15-16 a game, shooting almost 60% from threes.....and she's a sophomore. In two years, everybody will know about this girl at Powell.