Lebron James Again

bogus

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this might potentially ruin high school basketball. If high school gets too showy and gets on television then the pageantry of the game will be lost and the heart of the game and the players will be gone. They, like a lot of college players, will be just playing for the next level and to better themselves, not for the good of their team. The last thing we need is MORE cocky basketball players in the NBA, and LeBron James has reason to be the most cocky. Afterall, he knows the only reason his highschool team is being shown on ESPN is because of him. I kinda want to see him turn into a mediocre NBA player, just so everyone is wrong

I have a question for people who have seen Tyler Smith and James both play. Is Smith capable of playing with James? From what I've heard Smith may be going to Oak Hill next year. I'm just curious if Smith could play with James, and if he couldn't that takes nothing away from Smith cause Smith is only a SOPHMORE. If anyone has any opinions on my question please respond.

Well i am sittin here watchin James play now. I watched him play the first time as well. Is it not just me or shouldnt some guy that is goin to be the First Round Pick in the NBA scoring like 40 a game on good high school players. I just think if you are suppost to be that good you should be scorin more than 27 a game. I know many guys in the state that are puttin up 27 a night. I enjoy watchin him play but i dont believe he is as good as everyone makes him to be. I think the only reason anyone makes him seem good is cause the media attention. He cant really shoot that well and he is just good inside cause he is so big. There are several guys i believe across America that are in High School and are just as good, maybe even in the State. I just dont think he is as good as everyone makes him. I think the guy i am most impresses with is the Garrity guy from MD as a sophmore is really playin nice and i just saw him set up and take a charge against James. I just think he is to overrated and to hyped about!!and byt the way one of MD's guys just pinned James lay up against the boared. Not as a good as hyped!!

[Edited by Fanatic23 on 1-4-03 10:07P]

To everyone that has posted about Lebron in a not so good way or think he is overrated, LeBron James is the best high school player to possibly ever come out of high school. The comment about he should score 40+ a game, his ability to create shots and make good passes to his teammates shows his unselfishness. To Maryville about saying he wishes he is just mediocre to prove everyone wrong, if that were your son playing would you say the same thing about him? In the interviews and reportson him, Lebron doesn't want the attention he is getting. He is down to earth and a good kid...like Lee Humphries. No one is upset about the hype Lee Humphries is getting on COACHT.COM, and he deserves every bit of hype that Lee is getting. The same applies to Lebron James. I wish him well as do I for Lee Humphries. You know, Lebron James could be a drug dealer, especially from the neighborhood he had to grow up in before moving. Then everyone would be talking about the talent that was wasted. Before we wish bad things on someone else, just think how you would feel if someone was wishing bad things on you and you knew about it......

P.S. Maryville you stated about Lebron's possible cockiness? Well Lebron is far from cocky. I don't know anything about Lee Humphries, but I'd be willing to bet that he is well-mannered and polite...so is Lebron James. Be careful about what you assume about someone, because someone could assume the same about Lee with all the publicity he is getting. Lee seems to be a good person of character and I would not ever assume anything less until proven otherwise.

[Edited by Stokomo on 1-4-03 10:19P]

Stokomo. I did not say that i want Lebron James to be a dissapointment. I hope he goes to the NBA and makes monkeys out of them. Yet, I hope he does it in good taste and stays a good kid. I think he is good. I just dont think he is as good as what everyone makes him seem. He does see the floor very well and i would love for him to play for my team. Yet i dont think he is as good. I understand he wants to as he says "Share the Wealth", i just think he is not as mature as a basketball player to be considerd a first round draft pick #1. He should be taken maybe in the first round. I just dont think that he is as good as a talent than guys in college now. The thing that makes him so much better right now, is his physical maturity. I do hope he ends up the best in the leauge as long as he stays clean. Fair Well

The kid is having one bad night for him, but any hig school kid in the country is wishing they were having the game he is having right now. This is the second time i have watched him play, and the first game i found out why and how he deserves all the hype. the kid deserves every bit of it. I mean he was the reason why they beat the number one ranked team in the nation for high school bball already this year. Another point i have to make is, didnt Michael Jordan only score 2 points a few weeks ago? Do you consider him over rated now since he didnt score 40, or do u give him the credit of being a human and actually understanding everybody has a bad game?

I understand everyone has a bad game but this makes two times he has come on National T.V. and not shot well from the floor. And for the #1 Ranked Oak Hill team they beat. If you watched that game you clearly see they were overrated and are down this year. Oak Hill is a High School Powerhouse they are just down this year. But guys I think this Mike Garrity is makin just as nice passes and i am impressed with him. Dont get me wrong. I do think he is good and one of the top players, i just dont know about the best. I understand they are playin against D-1 guys as well but i think for someone #1 in the NBA, i just dont know.