Lebron James Again

bogus

I agree with Opperman and Stokomo.....

Some of these posts I'm reading on here are abosulutely ridiculous..... You guys have to be kidding me....

LeBron is a MAJOR talent and is unbelievably impressive.... Not that 33 points against the Nation's #1 team and 27 points against the Nation's #4 team aren't impressive, but LeBron's ability goes WAY beyond stats.... Look at his amazing vision, unselfishness, size, athletic ability, all around skills, and incredible leadership.....

No one in Tn is even close to his level.........

Oak Hill is still LOADED with talent by the way.... I have coached against or seen in person a number of players on that Oak Hill squad, and they all dominated the elite AAU level. JR Reynolds (signed UVA) was great for Boo Williams. Marcus Willimas (signed UConn) was amazing for the Southern CA All Stars. Ivan Harris (signed Ohio State) was also outstanding. These are all players that future College stars (and maybe more). And LeBron was amazing against that calliber of a team, and even led his team to a 20 point win.......

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea well I don't have a kid and he is certainly not him. Besides I wouldn't mind if my kid got all this hype and then recieved a butt load of money and then turned out to be only an average player. It would kinda strike me as funny. Also you think a 2.7 GPA is good? Isn't a 2.7 the lowest possible GPA to get into college? I dunno, but if you can't atleast pull of a 3.2 then you're not trying or you're stupid. Maybe both. I honestly think that giving one kid, one team, so much hype is going to hurt that kid and that team, and maybe high school basketball. What happens in 5 years when some other star comes along with the same attributes as LeBron James, are we going to do the same thing? What if LeBron turns out overrated and then another kid comes up, are we going to treat him with such greatness? The whole thing is stupid, he's in high school, let him be a kid...make him be a kid!

That post was one of the worst and incorrect that I've read on this board. First, where did you get that 2.7 is the lowest GPA to get into college? That's the biggest load I've heard in a while. A 2.7 is equivalent to a B-/C+, which is not by any means stupid. I have a 2.5 GPA and I was just offered a dean scholarship by a private university because I scored a 24 on the ACT. I also got an 1150 on the SAT. Not too bad for someone that's stupid. I really can't believe that you think 2.7 is the worst you can have to get into college. A 2.7 at a private school is pretty good, decent at least, DEFINATELY not bad. Please get a clue before you post again.

Opperman, your arguments are nice and cliched, but be realistic, everyone has their heads in the clouds thinking of the possibilites with LeBron yet Dajuan Wagner was the "LeBron" of 2001 and Eddy Curry was also considered the best high school player ever before Wagner. He is just like them,Wagner is having somewhat of a so-so rookie season and he spent a year at Memphis. Curry on the other hand has had a harsh two years in Chicago. So Opperman you're saying that LeBron will have a bigger impact than KG and Kobe, (3 playoff trips, 3 NBA titles) LeBron will succeed and put Kobe and KG to shame as a rookie? Get real.He just another high school draft. Playing like he does against high school kids i can't even fathom him averaging double digits. Remember the number one pick 2001? Kwame Brown,Glynn Academy, We all no how long it's goiing to take him to settled in. Get real guys. LeBron- Excellent HS player, average or possibly below average first 3 years in the NBA.

My question is ... (and I'm serious) ... is when does he (Lebron) or any of his teammates get a chance to go to class to earn whatever g.p.a. they may have?

This is a high school team that has played in several different states already this season from coast to coast. #1 ... when are they going to school? #2 ... how does a high school afford all that travel?

Does anyone agree with me that the whole deal with Lebron and his team is a little excessive for high school athletics?

GovMan

To all of you people saying LeBron isn't as good as people say he is....y'all are CRAZY. Dajuan Wagner and Eddie Curry were NEVER considered to be as good as this guy is. I NEVER thought they would be as good as people thought they would be in their first year. I just don't really know what to say. I don't know how you could watch James play and not be able to see how incredibly talented he is. If you don't think he is as good as people think he is...then..well..you don't know anything about basketball. EVEN in the NBA..he will create all kinds of mismatches. I'm not even going to argue anymore with you. If you don't think he's as good as advertised..you're insane...

Don't yall Laker and Kobe fanboys forget to thank the Hornets for graciously trading away Kobe's rights (or was it actually Kobe himself after he'd already signed?) to the Lakers.

That trade was as lopsided as the trade that sent Brett Favre to the Packers. (from the Falcons)

Atlien, there was no LeBron of 2001. There hasn't been a HS player as good as LeBron. Wagner was the best guard in the nation his senior year, but he's not even half the player LeBron is. If Wagner was 6-8 with everything else in his game the same, he would have been as good as LeBron.

Eddy Curry was also considered the best player in the nation, yes. He was not, however, considered the best HS player ever. But he wasn't as good as a senior as LeBron was as a junior. Kwame Brown was drafted more as a project than for immediate impact.

BTW...Kobe didn't win 3 NBA titles. The Lakers won 3 NBA titles. There's a difference. T-Mac is probably just as good as Kobe, but he doesn't have Shaq in the middle, Horry doing a little bit of everything, Fisher defending the perimeter, et al. LeBron could have more of an impact than Kobe without winning championships if he ends up marooned on a pathetic team with no real direction.

GovMan, from what I remember reading and hearing, most of their trips are on weekends, and they're not missing all that much school...maybe six days or something like that. I may try to find that again in a little while.

Posted by wneely:

Don't yall Laker and Kobe fanboys forget to thank the Hornets for graciously trading away Kobe's rights (or was it actually Kobe himself after he'd already signed?) to the Lakers.

Actually, they didn't graciously trade his rights. Kobe went into a "Waaaaaaaah I wanna play for the Lakers" fit and refused to sign with Charlotte.

GovMan. You have to remember he goes to a Private High School. I am sure that they get an overwelming amount of donations and more than likely put a lot of money into there basketball. Yet, i visited the school website the other day and it doesnt point out basketball as an elite thing at the school. At the website all it shows under basketball was a schedule. And the website was mostly about the acadimic acheivements of the school.

To Everyone:And for all my previous statements that i said negative toward the kid were i believe taking wrong. I think he is awesome and very good. I just think he has some weak points in his game and i think he is goin to be be overwhelmed when he gets in the NBA cause everyone will be his size and abilty if not better. Another ? i have.. What position do you think he will play in NBA..a 2 or 3 or what?..my point is if it is one of those he is really goin to have to work on his shot cause he will need a good jumper. I think the kid is great and is mentally and physically way ahead of everyone he plays against!!

There is a minimum GPA you can have before you cannot make it into college athletics. In other words, you have to have a certain GPA to play college sports. You also have to score atleast a 16, I believe, on your ACT. Also, if you're not bright enough to pull off atleast a 3.0 in a private school, either your daddy's too rich, or you need to get your nose in a book! I personally don't like high school, even private high schools, recruiting players. Each kid should have to play where they are zoned to play, not the best place they can play. I can understand recruiting for academics, some of you might not, but I can. Athletes are rewarded with publicity, money, etc. The people who excel at school work and are excessively smart don't get half as much money, or any publicity. Atleast someone, a private school, can recognize their abilites. Star athletes really don't need more recognition. You may think I'm crazy thinking a 2.7 is bad, but I work my butt off and earn my 4.0, just like my brother worked his butt off and earned his 4.5. We worked out butts off getting in the top of our class in one of the hardest public schools in the state of Tennessee for what? So we might have a better career, a better life. Well its a little bit harder to do that when our scholarships are taken by athletes with 2.0-2.7 gpas. Don't get me wrong, my brother and I are both very active in sports, he's a college pitcher. He walked on because he didn't get to devote all his time to baseball, he had to devote it to school work. Then he realizes that the kids on his baseball team are going to school for less money than he is, and some had gpas lower than 3.0. Now tell me how that is fair? Don't tell me that 2.5 is not stupid, maybe its not stupid, maybe the word for it is lazy! Either way, it doesn't need to be rewarded through scholarships that would go to harder working individuals.

To MaryvilleRebels I am going to have to be with Dice for once, private schools are much harder than public schools. I know guys that went to private schools get something like a 2.5 or 2.6 then go to public and make 4.0's easy. Also, You went to one of the toughest public schools in TN, what a joke. Isnt TN like 48th in the country for public schools? Anyone going to a private school ussually is a testment for showing they want to better there chances of getting into a good college and that they have to be reasonalbe smart. I do agree though a 2.5 at a public school might not be to hot, but try gettin a 2.5 at a private school. Also, isnt the highest GPA you can possibly get a 4.3? I dont know how it works it public schools but a 4.3 is the highest you can get at my school.

[Edited by tnvols01 on 1-5-03 10:27P]