young catchers

catchman

Humble i saw chelsea clem and ashley norton working out sunday, they both could be very good catchers, i think both took off a half year, ashley plays basket ball for beech, O yes i know emliy dixon, know her dad and grand dad, good girl, what talent, Emliy will go places.

I guess i need to go to work and get more catchers comming. It takes a tough girl to play this position. You really need to watch to see who really wants to be one, there a lot that want to try, every now and then one will emerge from the group. Bingo you got her.

Thats about all the young ones that i know of here close. I need to check this out. Thank for bringing this up

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 14u Intimidators(Lebanon) fastpitch team needs experienced and skilled catcher for 2003. Already have solid pitching and defense. Tryouts now available. If you know and refer a qualified catcher that makes our team, we will gladly reward you 100.00$$ Call Bill Littman 615 444 5914 or 615 444 0469. Or call Todd 615 444 5146 Check website at www.eteamz.com/lebanonintimidators ;)

i think that within the next yr or so alot of people will be hearing the name daniella hooper. she is a freshman from forrest and she is an awsome catcher.. i love for her to catch me bc she is very quick and she is really good with working with her pitchers and with calling pitches. i think this young girl will be somewhere someday.. also i have to give it up for some of my summer catchers.. laura freeman.. laura mathews(fra), and lexie smith (fra).. i miss u guys!!and good luck hooper!

I think that alot of people have overlooked a few catchers that need to be mentioned. Jayme Wamsley for one. She is probably one of the strongest girls in her field. She not only can play the position of catcher she can also hit. She is an awesome player both in High School (Goodpasture High School) and with the 16 Under Nighthawks. :):D:D

Contrary to what you think Jayme Wamsley DOES play with the 16 Under Nighthawks (Kenny Beasley's Team) and is a very good catcher. The Nighthawks were a 14U team last year. I would put her up against probably any catcher there is. She is quick and very strong. I am so glad that my daughter plays with her. :):D:D

Back to the young catchers... i've seen the cruisers, explosion and warriors (now nighthawks 12) all play. And i want to give credit to hannah erwin. she does an oustanding job catching and hitting... she catches one of the hardest throwing pitchers around, Riley Mashburn - who also could use a little credit.. she is 12 years old and throws 58 mph. But hannah gets the job done behind and at the plate... good luck to her at MJ and summer this year.