This Year's Top Frosh

GovMan

You need to have a heart. What you have is a personal vendetta, you're not fooling anyone. True, things may not have been to your liking at CHS, but don't you feel that sometimes a rational adult needs to let things go and move on. Once upon a time your anti-Cleveland ramblings were original, however now they're just kind of sad.

Believe it or not, you are not the first parent to disagree with a coach. What you are, is extremely bitter. Before you give yourself an ulcer fighting a battle that doesn't exist, perhaps you should put your energy into just supporting "your" daughter in her new role at her new school. Best of luck to both of you.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that everyone needs to open their eyes and realize that Jana Cross could possibly be the the best freshman in the mid-state if not the whole state. I mean in her very first game in high school, she came off the bench and scored nearly 30 points. She may not start but when she comes off that bench she brings her A game every time and that gives the Lady Mustangs of Loretto a spark. The only reason everyone doesnt know about her yet is b/c the team that she plays for isnt having the best year. But I will make all of you a promise that in the upcoming years JANA CROSS could be the greatest women's basketball player to come out of Tenessee in a all time.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I was watching the #4 team in state play #2 and #4 come out with a victory in a well played game by two very good teams. GO MUSTANGS !!!!

Now to you....my eyes are filled with tears from laughing so hard from your post. Personal vendetta, fooling someone, irrational adult, Cleveland ramblings, bitter. If you feel that me saying Angie Wells should be playing mean I am all that, you must have a dull life and need some excitement, something to write about. It amazing me that the only time you crawl out(Arachnid = spider)and comment is when someone says something about Cleveland, that you don't agree with, especially me. Maybe you have a personal vendetta against me.:confused: As far as something giving me a ulcer, only my Dolphins and Lakers can do that :)

You need to read alot of other posts on here and I think you will see, even if you dont agree, people who "know and understand" the game, agree that "players" that can play, not paper clipping made players, should be on the floor, making it happen. Enough said. My Lakers are on ESPN...2nd Half about to start....Good Luck to you and yours too!!!!

My post regarding your views is based simply on your many posts. Don't waste our time arguing.....simply go back and read your own posts. Everything concerning CHS, it's players, or coach is negative. Occasionally, you may try to disguise it, but face it......you're bitter and it's over.

As far as my boring life, this seems a bit ironic coming from a man with 86 posts. :confused:

Sarah Phipps at Harding is the best freshman in d2 right now. She started varsity as an 8th grader and is as a freshman as well. She still makes some freshman mistakes that has no doubt cost her team some games, one in particular, but she is an invaluable part to her team. And about that Hutchison game, we never would have even been that close had she not been in the game. She has a very bright future.

This is my last response to you unless you wanna talk basketball. I dont know who you are and honestly and truthfully, I dont care. You seem to think you know alot about me and mine, which you really don't. You only think you do. As far as being negative about Cleveland, if you think that about my posts, you are entitled to your opinion, as I am, and again I really don't care. My opinions are based on my knowledge of being envolved in the program and seeing from within how things were done. I have never said anything to hurt any players, coaches or the program. If you don't like my assessment of certain things, again you have that right, as I do. There are alot of people who have opinions, who are afraid to express them because they are afraid of being tossed out of the "CLICK". Well, me and mine (terrible English) have never or will we ever be a part of any "CLICK" in order to try to gain an advantage. The DUES are too high! Just don't see us being "YES people!!! We would rather just work hard honestly, without the politics, and see how the pieces fall.

Your initial post in this thread was in response to my response to Nick32, saying Angie Wells should be playing. Well, I guess you might increase your number of posts, because I am not the only one who agrees with that. A "whole bunch" of people do. Unfortunately for Angie, Coach Powell is the only opinion thats counts right now, so she remains on the bench. A lot of people hope she doesn't get discourage because she is a "player" who can play and not a "paper clipping" made player. Hopefully, she will get the opportunity, if not there, somewhere else real soon.

Thank goodness it's not the 60's anymore and I can and will express my "opinions" & "views", taking into consideration the feelings of others, with no intent to hurt, yet freely exercising my freedom of speech, and at the same time, not trying to get "YES" agreements from eveyone else.

Good luck to you and yours !!! We will be over Monday night, so get ready. Should be a good, close, exciting game! I'm pulling for the Mustangs to again walk away the victory. I hope all will deal with the results with class and good sportsmanship!! Good luck to all the girls!!!

So that was your last word? Thanks, your predictablility is getting tiresome anyway. Let's cut to the chase. You run down Cleveland at each opportunity. This particular time, you are selfishly trying to lure Angie to WV to aid the team that you support (Again!) I know it and you know it.

However, the most disappointing of all 87 of your posts has to be your last. To use the 1960's remark implying that if we disagree, I must be some type of racist illustrates your desperation to "win" this discussion. Nothing could be further from the truth and you have no idea just how off base you are.

This has been interesting. Since you have already given your last word, I assume this is over. (Although I predict

you'll just have to throw the last "punch".)

ok from what i heard about Franklin Lady Rebel's fresh. they are still undefeated and goin strong. They i think have been winning by alot. Their hardest compitition is the Page Patriots fresh. They are goin to tournament soon, so watch out for them. if anyone has more info. on them please tell cause i plan to go see them play.

Now thats funny!!! Being a big Cleveland supporter, I know you just didn't say anything about "BRINGING in PLAYERS" from another school to help the program. I had to respond to that!!!!!!! :):) Now thats funny !!!

But if I could get Angie to WV or to any other school where she could play, believe me I would. She has too much talent not to be playing. Quoting another post in here: "Angie can play for anyone in the state", maybe not start for every- one, but definitely get some quality minutes anywhere. But, I don't have that type power, yet !! ;)

As for as the 60's ststement. I'm still trying to figure out why you always single me out. I'm "DEFINITELY" not the only one on here who you could post to about threads which you might consider, as you put it, anti-Cleveland. But to date, you seem to only come after me. Its almost as if you are trying to make me change my opinions and views to fit yours, to shut up period, or for whatever reason, continue to try to bring some type negative attention to us. Thats 60's stuff. Not gonna happen. We disagree. We both have that right. Period.

Whatever reasons we had, do not require your or anyone elses approval. Neither does my "opinions or views" expressed about CHS or whatever on this board. Its a discusson board where opinions varies greatly! People disagree! We disagree! I can live with that! Did I knock you out?

[Edited by coacht on 2-7-03 1:01P]

I also think Wells should be playing more- and I have never had a kid go to cleveland. I can base my opinion simply on observations from one or 2 games. Hang in there gottahaveheart- I know you have heart, and its people like this (arachnid) that seem not to have any. I think they just feel threatened by their own playing time when the thoughts of having to possibly "share" with someone else are mentioned. Check out the initials in the posters name and you might get a clue as to who it might be????? See ya at the game tonight! Good Luck everybody!

[Edited by peacemaker on 2-3-03 8:11A]