Giles 84 Lewis 55

smokeyvol1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lewisfan129

goldenboy was completely right. a cheering section is there to cheer not make fun of other team's players. goldenboy was right, it was a win, but god show some class. and as for coach holt, anybody that says he has complete control over the giles county team everybody saw the other night, show be mentally examined. the next time anybody goes to a giles county game just watch them warm up! there's no discipline there. i walked in during their lay-ups and i thought i was at the wrong gym because the harlem globetrotters thought it was their turn. tyler bouncing it off the floor and ooping himself during warm ups? oh yeah there's some real discipline there. i dont doubt that they're all good kids but its discipline that makes the truly great athletes. if a player for any other schools in the district such as page or loretto or lewis county had done some of those things during warm-ups, thats the only time they would've spent on the floor that night.

Our next home game is not until February 7th, we make 5 road trips in a row starting tomorrow when we take on Lee High School in Huntsville.

Speaking of February 7th, OH MY what a dandy this game will be. The Columbia Lions will visit GCHS with a scheduled girls game tip-off of 6:30 and this one will be a sight to see.

Wadele Williams had his way with the Cats last time, but the BENCH MOB wasn't much of a factor, and neither was Tyler, but I have a feeling the Cats will indeed knock off the Lions on their way to Murfreesboro and a state title run!

Apparently you haven't been to many GCHS games, because that is what we do during warm-ups. It gives the crowd something to watch besides the CATZ beating the daylights out of your team. Don't HATE because no one from Lewis County is coordinated enough to throw moves down like GCHS does. Besides, everyone knows how to make lay-ups, Tyler and the rest of the team are just adding some flavor to game. Like the rest of the GCHS fans have said in this post, it is time for Goldenboy to quit speaking, because all that is comin' out is jibbrish!

I think if a player could do those things during warm-ups their respective coaches would probably give them a hug and kiss for being able to actually do them.

Another thing.. you didn't see any members of the BENCH MOB doing that flashy stuff. All they did was quietly enter the game and like a silent assassin stroked about 6 three's OFF THE BENCH people! The BENCH MOB may be a bigger force than any one of the starters.

Well to start off, I really think that Giles Co. is one of the best teams in the state if not the best. I have much respect for them even though sometimes it may seem that they give out zero. But that is just they way some people are. And secondly, when a school has over 900 students in it, there should be talent like Giles Co. has. There is no reason they shouldn't have more talent than Lewis Co. Lewis Co. just barely has over 500 students. I'm not pointing out just Lewis Co., there are lots more, but if you put 400 more kids in a school system there are gonna be some athletes in there somewhere along the line. I'm not saying that's the reason why they beat some teams but crap, it would make a difference, especially in smaller schools like Lorreto,Lewis, and Fairview. But we can't do anything about it so everyone is just gonna have to play with what they got. I was also wondering, why in the world did Holt have his starters in until there were 2 minutes left in the game????? Lewis Co. starters didn't play a lick in the 4th. Is he just trying toshow up teams in spite of them. There is no need. Everyone knows that they are good. It's just a shame to have coach that do such ruthless things as that, with such a great team. He just causes people to have no respect for his team. But as for the players, they are all great athletes and from what I can see, good kids also. Good luck cats.

[Edited by PleazTownsley on 1-9-03 10:15P]

Where is the sportsmanship at in Pulaski? You have a great superstar in Tyler Smith who can really "throw it down" and a good supporting bench but they show little class and only want to play razzle-dazzle basketball. Smith, Eric Howard and Travis Gentry had a great game against the mediocre Panthers yet seemed to show-out like they were beating up on the Sacremento Kings.

However I liked what I saw in the warm-ups for the 'Cats. It was entertaining and can mentally intimidate the other team, which I believe it did to a few Panthers. But once the clock starts ticking you have to leave the streetball tactics behind you. I mean what was Coach Holt thinking leaving in the starters until 2 minutes to go? Clearly he must have a sour taste and grudge against Lewis County, or perhaps he does this to all teams he plays and is beating by only 26 points. True champions do not act in this manner, and if Giles County is to win the 2A title then their attitudes must change (both the player's and coach's).

Were you guys even at the right game? Shay Shanon, Travis Gentry and Josh Haney were not starters and all started the 4th and were taken out with 2 min. left. As a matter of fact they played the whole second half except for the last 2 min. I must apologize if we did not play the trainers and cheerleaders against you guys. I must also apologize if our bench is more talented than most starters. I will speak to Billy about this! I am sure there is something we can do to accomodate your team in the future! Billy runs a Saturday League, maybe he can get some players there that will match up a little better with yall! :rolleyes: