Kingston vs. Oliver Springs

Basketball32

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like Kingston is taking it to the Lady Cats at the break, leading OS 26-17. It sounds like the officials are letting them play as there were a total of 12 fouls called in the first half. For OS, Hall has 9pts--7pts in the 2nd period. And if I heard correctly, Gardner hit 3 treys for the Lady Jackets in the 1st half of play.

Great win for Kingston. The Jackets have won two of the last three against the Lady 'Cats and they played well in the loss. I don't know if anyone remembers this, but last spring I said on here that I felt Kingston had a chance for a very good season. Early on they didn't play well and I felt kinda stupid with my possible 20-win season for the Lady Jackets, but they've got things going now and they control their own destiny for winning the district 4AA title. I look for a great game at OS and possibly the District 4AA Tournament Championship game.

OS had a huge letdown after beating McMinn Central. This loss will show the Lady Cats you cant just simply walk onto the court and expect to win especially when playing a talented county rival.

As for OS, this loss shows that there is still alot of work before tourney time. Its better to have a letdown like this in the regular season instead of the districts, regions or substate.

Again, great win for Kingston!