Kingston vs. Oliver Springs

Basketball32

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a few rough weeks of trying to find themselves and digging deep inside for the hunger to want to win every time they hit the floor I BELIEVE Tuesday nights game/WIN over CoachT #1 ranked McMinn Central may have opened their eyes and HEARTS to the task before them. The comments from Hall and Hackworth in today's Roane County news says alot about the girls/team we all know they are.

Good luck tonight ladies, I LOVE you all !!!!!! Remember our old saying from long ago DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS and we learned a few years ago how true that is. And 1 more thing everyone has a role when your in give your team everything you have and you all will come out on top..... :rolleyes:

the thing about OS is they have seven other players that can score in double figures on any given night besides Hall. Wampler, Goins, Terry, Lankford, Seiber, Monk and Hackworth are all capable of hitting double figures and that makes it rough on any opponent that wants to just focus on Hall. I think Coach Wright likes it when teams focus so much of their attention on Laura because that opens things up for so many other players. On this team, it's OK for someone to have an off night because there is enough balance that someone else will pick up the slack. I still think tonight could be a close one if Kingston plays well early. Like OS, Kingston's crowd can make a difference if the Lady Jackets can stay close heading into the final quarter.

Unfortunately, I think Kingston's band will hurt Kingston early and often. I only have seen OS once, and they had a rough game. I've seen Kingston play almost every game, and have had a lot of rough games. Kingston does tend to play to the competition sometimes, up or down, though. I don't think they have enough horses to win, though, I'm afraid.

Posted by goosevol:

Like OS, Kingston's crowd can make a difference if the Lady Jackets can stay close heading into the final quarter.

I think Kingston has a very good chance of winning. The girls are mentally tough , i'm sure they are all pumped and ready . Yeah OS has some shooters .. so... Kingston does too. I personally haven't seen anything out of anybody but hall, hackworth and goins.. yeah the rest are capable of putting up double figures but how many games a year do they huh? Kingston has several that have put up double figures this year too.. I think it will be a close one.. but personally i think Kingston can get the win. :rolleyes: