Mr. Basketball--At the half way point in the Seaso

fatchance

Guest Breaker

Jamar Jenkins= #9 Ranked Junior by HOOPSCOOP, #9 Ranked By Gomab, Street and Smith's All American Honorable mention, Ballerz Showcase All- Star MVP. How can you say that he is overrated? Did the big guy from Unionville guard Jamar? NO. Was Jamar playing most of the game? NO. He was in foul trouble. I do believe Jamar has made alot of noise in AAU, where the competition is overwhelmingly greater, so to say he is over-rated by watching one game: when the other guy didn't even guard him, if I can remember correctly Unionville played a box-in-one, and Jamar was still hurt with an ankle injury! So please, don't come on here and bash Jamar, just because your more than likely to be THAT BIG GUY FROM UNIONVILLE!!!. I don't believe Stanford recruits' OVER-RATED players from TN.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really even bashed Jamar, I just stated my opinion the same way you did, it just happens that our opinions are different. Jamar is a good player, but I personally think he is somewhat overrated. But maybe Im wrong, but I have the right to state my opinion. Good luck to Jamar and Chapel Hill, they will need it, because they won't make it very far in the regional tournaments.

Guest principleone

Since all of us are stating our opinions loud and clear i will state mine. For anyone to say that Jamar is not a choice for Mr. Basketball and that he is over-rated is unheard of. I've been around alot of basketball and have rarely seen anyones game that can match Jamar's game. Jamar is a special player, and to tell you the truth, he plays to the level of his competion. This is not a good quality i will admit but just remember that before you go cutting on Jamar's game anymore. One more thing, Jamar does have talent around him. Probably not like the others you mentioned but i know one boy that can play on his team, the #12 kid. We'll just have to see how far they make it in regionals also. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE

Hey Gomab, why not take a message board survey on candidates for Mr. Basketball in each classification.

Instead of everyone bashing peoples picks, let everyone see what comes from the survey.

Its also going to help that the Tennessean is going to start publishing top 25 stats on average points scored, rebounds, assists, and I think steals.

That should help remove the smoke from people's claims.

In Class 2A no doubt about it!!! Brian Fisk from Dyer Co. He is a great player. Great scorer can create for the rest of the team. He is a great team player also. He plays the game right. Hard from the tip-off to the horn at the end of the 4th quarter. He is a real PLAYER!!!

[Edited by workman14 on 1-22-03 11:45P]

Chase Richardson of PC is for real. This kid should definately be at least a finalist. He is leading scorer on the #1 team in the state and is still being double and even tripled team some nights. He deserves to be recognized and honored. He is a 6'4 senior. He is averaging around 20 points I believe.

In AAA it should be Lee Humphrey.

Lee Humphrey comes up big in the big games. He scored 28 vs Dobyns Bennett,22 vs Sciense Hill and 31 vs Bearden. MHS won all those games. 2 of Maryville's 3 losses were without Lee in the lineup. I think MHS would have given Wheeler of Georgia a better game with Lee in the lineup.Wheeler is one of the top teams in the country.

Posted by huskers:

I cant believe nobody has mentioned Cole Rose as a Div. II canidate. He put up 26 points against Father Ryan, who is one of the best defensive teams in the state. Can I get some comments on him?

He is a good solid player on a pretty mediocre team. That doesn't help him.