Catchers

SACDAWGS

This one comes from Northeast Tennessee. I'm not a Dobyns-Bennett fan, but Evie Bledsoe is without a doubt one of the best catchers in East Tennessee (not sure about the rest of the the state), but she can absolutely crush a ball. She also has great defensive skills, is a team leader, and hits for average. I'm projecting All-State for Evie in 2003

[Edited by illpete23 on 2-19-03 6:59P]

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite catcher to watch is Sullivan East's Sheena Malone. She's the fastest catcher that I've ever seen in the past 3 years (running bases and reflexes). The best sacrifice hitter that I've seen since Amanda Fields in the late 90s, as she advances the runner every time she's called upon (many times on her own judgment). She can hit the ball deep, or lay down a bunt on a laid-back infielder playing her too deep and beat it out with ease. Her leadership, knowledge of, and love for the game allow her to adapt quickly to any situation that she may face.

The thing I love most about watching Sheena play is her aggressive nature. She˜s not afraid to get dirty or get hit by a pitch for the betterment of the team. She refuses to move out of any runner˜s path, she also possesses a great amount of physical and mental toughness as well. She played the majority of last season with a broken/dislocated thumb, most baseball players aren˜t that tough. Sheena is a Grade A Hardy that I would take into battle any day of the week. The best part about her is her durability, she caught 4 back-to-back games during the summer because she wanted to (baseball catchers usually split a double-header), she wants the punishment that a catcher takes during a game. It only makes her tougher.

lindsay cavara from Brentwood High School is only sophmore and has awesome skills behind the plate as well as on third base. also, lexie smith from BHS is also a great catcher and all around player. Cassie simpson from Brentwood Academy is a junior and also an awesome catcher, she is also the smartest person i have ever me!!! :D