171 last time

thegatling

for the record, i get the pleasure of working out with Michael Marable fairly often and in my opinion there's noone in the state, that is currently wrestling, that can wrestle with him. And he's only a junior. I feel that by the end of his senior year he will have better technique, speed, and strength than that of Rusty Blackmon did at the end of his high school career. As for matching Rusty and Michael up now, don't you think that a couple years wrestling at a major div. 1 college should put him above most any wrestler in high school. If it didn't then he had no business being there in the first place.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't care one way or another about Marable and Blackmon. I would like to Know if Marable has wrestled Nathan Jones of Cleveland, and if he has what the outcome of that match was. Jones is ranked #1 in D1 Marable is #1 in D2 That would be more of a apples to apples comparison.

Quinn Gibson, if he decided to bump to 171 in my opinion would beat any of these guys.

I am enjoying the fireworks, the computers here have been down since friday, so I havent seen this stuff till today, and i am amused. Bryant- I didnt mean for that to be a diss to you, im sorry if it offended you. I dont know you and it was wrong for saying that. However, I do currently stay in Chattanooga and would love to come practice at Bradley. Keep the skills up. And sly, i would like to think im work the time. I'd like to get your old tail on the mat. This post is '171' so to clear the matter on this, Mike Marable is the best. He would beat Jones and if Gibson bumped up, Mike would take it to him, he'd stay on his feet with him. Right now, Marable is the best at his weight and even a weight above. Thank all of you for your support and comments, without this motovation I might get soft. Thx

hey this is quinn gibson. Marable and thegatling you are both welcome to come and wrestle with me and blackmon anytime. I want to see if your skills are as good as your mouth! I dont think that you will ever be compared to as good as Rusty Blackmon. I think that you might need to spend some more time on the mat than on the computer. I think that you need to leave my family alone and just remember that we always welcome you to come and wrestle with us anytime.

i hate to start in on this argument and not been in it since the beginning. but im going to anyways. first off, i hate bradley with a passion but i do have respect for them and their wrestlers. Quinn in my opinion is one of if not the BEST in the state right now in any weight. i watched michael wrestle at mccallie and he was not that impressive. sorry if i offend you but your not the caliber that quinn is. he is if i dont mistake also a junior. hes a defending state champ and also a runnerup the year before that to kevin ward. i dont think you would even be more than 3 to 4 points close. i would love to see that match but it would never happen. later

Are we thinking of the same two people? Quinn is by far the best 160 in the state. Is one of the best wrestlers in the state. However, quinn is not strong enough for Mike and I don't think he could handle Mike on his feet. The match would be close, but if they stayed on their feet, I think Mike would win by about 4. BUT since it won't happen, good luck to you Quinn and Bryant, hope yall both win it, good luck to your brother Rusty and the mean cousin. Mike and I will be busy regulating the women when i come home. To add final clarity - Quinn Gibson is the undisputed, best 160. Mike Marable is the best 171. Lets just agree on that and leave it? Sounds good. laters

sorry michael but i graduated in 99. and yes i did wrestle 171 so i do know some very good 171 wrestlers. one such was rusty, josh ward, and some others. but i did watch your match and yes your good nobody says any different but i have also watched quinn and i would really give him the edge. also bryant is alot better than he was last year(no offense to you bryant) but you have a ways to go to be like your brother. of course i also remember wrestling him myself in the southern open and after that was when he took off.

Guest DukeofEarl

how did this whole thing jump to 160 with Quinn. You know Blackmon seems to want a lot of people to back him up. Can't you post without someone typing for you?

Oh, and by the way, Rusty was awesome, but he happens to be out of high school.

Your right! There is always someone out there that is better. But when they come on here just to run their mouths that they can beat anyone is a great "overstatement". Let Marable do his thing...Hey Marable my challenge is still out there if your willing to take it? Remember this is "Wrestler4Life" I just changed my name....L8er!!!!!

I was writing to gatlin. He said he was in college. No college guy should ever talk trash to some high school kid. That includes my brother who is in high school. That is the only reason i posted. My brother can take care of himself. Someone thats my age has no business talking trash to him. When that happens it becomes my business because he is my age. But if the rest of yall would like to come and recieve some of the beating i have waiting for him if he has the balls to show when i come home. And by the way when i get time off i will post my name and my phone number on here and anyone who would like to attend is more than welcome. I dont really like these message boards because ussually minus the coaches and true fans of wrestling its just abunch of people running their mouth. I read just to keep up with the you guys at home since i cant be there to watch. Some advice for you young wrestlers you should not read this garbage on here. Especially if your competing it can only put affect you mental attitude negatively. None of the good wrestlers that i have meet since i have been here read about themselves for that reason exactly. I am not talking to you high school kids your to young to know any better. I wish you all good luck this season. This should end the argument. Its not worth your time to read this trash because some guy that has nothing better to do than talk trash talk a high school kid. Especially when he probably has no room to talk trash to any of you young kids being that most of you could whip him. N-e-ways yall take it easy get off here and do something to make yourself a better wrestler! As i said before good luck this season to all.