D-B INDIANS RED HOT!!

ArtVandalay

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New AP Poll Rankings are out.

D-B is now 10th with a bullet.

3 wins this week, can't hurt that, but what will really get respect is if DB can post another win over Greeneville, next Monday 02/03/03 in the Dome. Grenneville matches up better against DB than any team I have seen this year.

Roll Tribe tonight in Bristol against TN High.

Throw it down #44!!

After going from the Hunter to the Hunted things change. Now, no more excuses will be accepted. You are supposed to beat Science Hill. How will you respond if you don't? But congratulations on being hunted by Science Hill now since you are self-proclaimed "top dog".

I love being in the driver's seat. Bring it on.

We will watch tonight and see how D-B handles it. But I think they showed how they will handle it by going on the road Saturday with a big win in Roanoke.

The boys are loose, and ready and wanting to play ball.

I have never made an excuse for the Indians, just always been a big fan. If DB wins, great, if they loose, they will play again. There may be a bump in the road on the way to the District, maybe not. But one thing for sure, this DB team is as good or better than anydy they have played this year and that includes Maryville. DB lost that one, but I would not expect the same result if and when they play again.... (Sub State maybe).

ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!

Giddy Up!!

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 1-28-03 2:36P]

Art dude what happened to the Indians tonight? I know they won, but only by 2 over TN High!!! You've got to be kidding me! This is the same TN High team Science Hill beat a week ago by 35pts. and the same TN High team that is one of the worst teams in Upper East TN this year. Looks to me like maybe DB is cooling down bro...

Last night, although the game was close, DB won the game on limited reserves. If what I was told is a foreshadow of things to come. Opposing foes will be in trouble soon. I was told that Lamon Williams dressed for varisty last night. If he gets into the rotation on varsity. DB will be unstoppable. Lamon Williams was just named to the Sophomore All-American team in football. The scary part is that Lamon is better in basketball than football. If given the chance he deserves now, DB will be a tremendous force to be dealt with. And about AZMAR's & HENRY's comments, there is a lot of trash-talking going on in this rivalry by both teams. These comments just made it's way into the paper. It could be because of the last 28 games the reason for the comments to make its way into the paper. But don't think for one nano-second that Science Hill does not talk also. That kind of talking is clean, honest, and billboard material. Now DB will have to back it up, only time will tell, but this team seems to click well together. Just get healthy and GIDDY UP!

[Edited by Stokomo on 1-29-03 9:36A]

Cheer up Surf. It was a road game. DB had 4 players out sick. And after all, a win is a win is a #10 win in a row!! ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!

TN High played slow down and did it well, actually. TN High hit some 3's to get in a position to win. FYI - Tn High played DB much tougher than SH did last Friday night.

What was great was #44 Wootten took over in the 2nd half. Scored 13 of his 16 then, and his tip in to win was spectacular. I hope we get some players back tonight, but if not, I expect a win over Boone @ Boone anyway.

Giddy Up!! ;)

DB 66-Boone 46 @ Boone.

Get your RED HOTS HERE!!!

D-B ROLLS ON! Azmar Blye was really hot from 3, hitting 6 of 'em, team hit 9 3's overall.

Lamon Wiliams got in the game. Played the last 5 min of the 4th qtr. He scored 5 pts and got a fast break dunk just befor time expired. This kid can really help the team come Tourny time. Wooten had 12pt and 6 block shots. Blackwell scored 11 pts. D-B wins 11th in a row and continues to play solid D, holding yet another team under 60pts.

**Bobby Snyder - Boone Coach (800 Victories) says..." D-B is the the best team we have played outside of Wheeler ,Ga (Arby's Classic), they have it all, an inside game and and outside game."

Jeff County is Home in the Dome on Saturday @ 6:30.

Giddy Up!! ;)

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 1-30-03 1:23P]

Dobyns Bennett rolled Jeff County in the Buck Van Huss Dome Saturday evening on Senior Night. The Tribe was on Fire in the 1st half, taking a 53-17 lead. And that was with Subs playing a good part of the 2nd quarter. Guessing the Indians shot 60% in the 1st half. Jarrod Wooten led the way in the 1st half with 8pts, 6 block shots and 4 rebounds in about 8 min of action. Azmar Blye hit a couple of 3's, Henry Williams was scoring, Thomas Harrison doing the dirty work inside and Jeff County was totally outmatched.

2nd half was really just a practice drill for the Indians 2nd and 3rd strings. Wootten did get a sa weet lob pass from Henry Williams that he slammed home.

**Get this.... Greeneville Head Coach was in the Dome. He was at the Boone game too, I just didn't recognize who he was, but I did see him. I guess the Greenville Coach got his eyes full. Let's see if the Greene Devils get "sick" again and have to call of the make up game scheduled for next Wednesday, in the Dome.

Roll Tribe Roll

#14 coming @ Sullivan East Tuesday Feb. 4.

Giddy Up!!! :)

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 2-1-03 10:44P]