D-B INDIANS RED HOT!!

ArtVandalay

You sir, obviously know jack **** about it. Come to DB tonight along with everybody else and watch win #14 IN A ROW WITH ME. I'll save you a seat, in the lower section of course. BTW Cyclonehomer - If your a Betsy fan, you got no right saying DB has DECENT TALENT - HA - I watched DB kick Betsy behind all over the court in an hour long scrimmage just before the season started. I kinda felt bad for the poor Betsy team, but good luck against the AA teams. I say Betsy looses at Volunteer!! How 'bout that?

Charlie Morgan is a great coach and we got him from SALEM Va. where he won a couple of AA State Championships- he WAS an assistant @ SH prior to that, but Charlie is FROM SALEM Va not JC, so he is not a HillTopper in ANYWAY! And he is happy where he is so don't get any ideas when Poe gets run off for being just a so-so coach on a so-so team. Street ball don't get it anymore.

See ya in the Dome or Freedom Hall for District and Region, but I won't see YOU in the Sub State.

Giddy Up

Roll Tribe Roll!!

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 2-5-03 10:34A]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Poe was to ever leave SH or get pushed out(which I personally don't think either will happen)then the next coach would be the legendary GEORGE PITTS. I could almost guarantee that. It is no secret Pitts wants his old job back at "The Hill." SH will never have to worry about if they have a good coach or not because they always will.

Tell DB to whip those Greene Devils tonight! I can't stand that loser of a coach they have and his cry baby team.

Just wanted to know if Lamon is getting his playing time in trach time or if he is playing early and often? I haven't gotten a chance to see him play but everyone says that he was the best player in the school as a freshman. I don't think anyone in East TN can handle them. I've only seen them play Maryville and they should have won. they got killed down low, because they played like some wimps inside. If wooten plays the whole game they win. Anyway, Johnson City is not going to be a problem the rest of the year. GO TRibe

Surfer,

As you know, George Pitts was very nearly hired as DB's coach back when we hired Steve Shipley. The only reason we did not hire Pitts is because he refused to teach even a single class - not even driver's ed.

How things would have been different had Pitts been at DB instead on the Shipley/Daniels experience.

I dont know the ins/outs of the SH program. Do you feel that Poe is under any pressure right now?

ROLL TRIBE ROLL!

[Edited by rolltriberoll on 2-5-03 2:11P]

You are right on, on the Maryville game. If Wootten had been allowed to play the whole game, no way DB would have lost. Wootten got to go in @ the 4:00 mark in the 3rd qtr, and played the rest of the game. He scored 8 in 1-1/2 qtrs and dominated D and Boards from that point on. But, he was taught a lesson not to be late for practice, even if he had a good reason, it's a TEAM thing, everyone got the point.

Lamon will get big minutes tonigh against Greeneville, anyway that's what should happen. He has been a member of the clean up crew the past few games, but he did also get in with some of the starters. With the size of Greeneville, Wootten and Harrison will need Lamon Williams help. Lamon seems to be a "ball magnet" it always goes straight to him, he is rough, but will be awesome.

Roll Tribe Roll, crush Greeneville tonight!!!

Giddy Up!

Art,

I happen to be a white station/science hill fan. White station won the state last year, with Science Hill being runner up in case you didn't catch it, I didnt expect you to, it was in a tournament that your "red hot" team didn't partake in :) You made a big deal out of their win over Jeff County? Cocke County beat Jeff County for heaven's sake. Other than a 2nd in 28 or 30 games win vs Science Hill(what do they say about blind squirrel's and nuts?), and a win vs VA's state champs LAST YEAR (im sure the championship lineup isnt the same unless they were all juniors) what have your indians accomplished this season ? And please dont say Greeneville, they might own district 2 but their no par in district 1. So savor every point D-B scores, and rub every W into the ground, because the facts are simple. Science Hill and D-B are 1-1 this season, Science Hill was runner-up last year, and when March rolls around, I predict you'll be following the action from home with the rest of D-B.

HOOTAH HOOTAH HOO GIDDY UP!!~ -.-

DB WINS #14 OVER greeneville 56-44, and that was the closest the game was after the 1st basket of the 2nd qtr.

Azmar Blye started out on FIRE from 3 land and Thomas Harrison and Jarrod Wootten dominated inside play. DB owned the boards against the much bigger Green Devils.

Greeneville has one problem, no guard play at all. They looked and played scared to death against the Indians D.

Half time score 33-14!!

I got to amend my region pick. No way Greeneville can place 2nd with the weak gaurd position. So, DB and SH roll thru 1-2 in the District and 1-2 in the Region. It should be alot of fun.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!! :)

Guest HBaller88

That was a nice touch with the REDNECK. Way to go Indians!! That was a great game and i can't wait to see more. Maybe next time i go see the Devils play they'll have the best lookin cheerleader actually cheerin' instead of standin in front of the student section just hangin' around. And maybe they'll stick around for the whole game instead of makin' like a TREE and LEAVIN'!!!!! Great job Indians! Can't wait for the tourny!!

GIDDY UP!!! :D