D-B INDIANS RED HOT!!

ArtVandalay

Good win for DB. Sounds like they're playing real well right now. Science Hill had a good 67-58 win tonight over William Blount. The Hilltoppers got their revenge on the Governors. SH led the whole game, starting with a dunk by Jerome Odem. That's right, Jerome dunked it. SH led by as many as 13 I think and then William Blount tried to cut it close a few times.

Greeneville's coach is LAME. The man is the sorest loser I've ever seen. I hope you guys drill them next week.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look out is right. D-B is still not healty, but on the getting better road. Seth Jervis played maybe 8 min Sat for his first action in 3 games. Same with Jeff Morrison who comes of the bench.

Bobby Snyder (Dan. Boone Coach) made a "wrong" comment after D-B beat his team. He did say DB was the better team but that SH has more depth. Not even close.

Sure SH subs 5 at a time, but when they do, there nowhere close to being the same calliber team, the 2nd 5 can't stay on the court with the Tribe, period. That's really not up for debate either. I question Poe's coaching doing that. It's ok to sub 5 at a time, if the 2nd 5 are nearly as good, but...... not when there is such a drastic drop off.

D-B has, let's count the quality players (possible starters).

Azmar Blye,Henry Williams,Seth Jervis,Jarrod Wootten,Thomas Harrison,Ryan Blackwell,Lamon Williams,Jeff Morrison.So that's 8 that could start and contribute bigtime on anybody's team. Then we still have 5-6 that give min. anytime the coach wants to plug them in. Jamie Creech is probably the best passer on the team, didn't even mention him. D-B has got the depth to go far in Tourny Time. Come on Greeneville game, bring your tree with ya!! You need it.

Giddy Up!!

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 2-2-03 7:20A]

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 2-2-03 7:39A]

This week after the Daniel Boone the comment was made in the newspapaer and on the 11 newscast that Dobyns Bennett may lack team depth..........I think Coach Charlie Morgan put those thoughts to rest last night in the dome against Jefferson County. The bench saw more playing time than the starters with almost every one of the 16 Tribe players scoring. Final score DB won by more than 40 points --- the same team that Science Hill only beat by 6 last week. ROLL TRIBE ROLL !! ;)

Guest BleacherRef

I watched a RED HOT Indians team with a big win last night over Jeff Co.....was this really the same team that gave Science Hill such a fit earlier in the week? C MO showed the depth of this Indian team by letting them play I'd say more than half the game with the starters on the bench..lots of confidence shown from this RED HOT team!!!!!

Giddy UP!! ;)

On any given night. Your right Surf. One team may look great on Tue. and play like crap on Friday. Someone may be sick and the whole team be lost without him. I like the Raiders old saying "Just win, Baby!!"

District Tournament is really a 2 team race. Nobody else has a shot except for DB and SH. The region should be fun adding Greeneville in there too.

Giddy UP!!

#4 in the Region?? Toss up? District 2 does not seem to be very strong at all with the exception of Greeneville. Morristown East lost to Jeff County? Then the Hurricanes aren't very good. Jeff Co, no way Jose. Cocke County, maybe. I have not seen them play this year, but they are 3 games back in the District 2 race. Cocke County shocked DB last year in the Region and ended the Indians season. I saw that 1st hand, the Indians did not go into that game expecting to be challanged, a few bad (really bad) ref calls and some shots made here and there and DB got beat. Will it be Boone or TN High? Really, Boones not good. They beat the so-so teams and have no chance against good teams. No inside game. Tn High is playing ok lately, they are at least making other teams play their tempo and style, which is go as slow as you can and run the clock down as much as possible. The Vikings have troube with pressure D though.

I see the Region as a 3 team race to get 2 Sub State Bids. I am going with the DB Indians and Greeneville, but that is a long way off yet. Greeneville's inside game is so strong, but, will there weakness at gaurd end up being there downfall? We still have what, 3 weeks left before District tourny. Enjoy the rest of the season.

Note: DB 13 game win streak alive and counting.

DB at East Tue Feb 4

DB home vs Greeneville Wed Feb 5

Giddy Up:D

I was going to give you my assessment except it is pretty much like yours. Until the other night I thought MWest might be that team. Their FB boys were getting back in the BB groove and others getting over injuries and then they lost to Cherokee, one of the worst 3A teams around. Will Art I think you have done a great job summing it up. Good luck