D-B INDIANS RED HOT!!

ArtVandalay

Friday night @ Sullivan South

Dobyns Bennett going for win #15 in a ROW!!

This is like turning back the calender to the Buck Van Huss days for all of us Indian fans! Charlie Morgan has done a tremendous job molding these players into a TEAM. DB totally dominated the much bigger Greeneville team. Out coached 'em, out played 'em and out hustled 'em. Greenville was never in the game!!

Get in the cars, packed the vans, load up the the whole fam damily and get over to Colonial Heights Friday night for a big road win and keep this team pumped up. District Tourny time is just a few weeks away.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!! ;)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope DB enjoys the district tournament which I'm sure the'll get out of. They might get out of the region and might even get past the substate. However, I feel for poor old DB if they make it to the state tourney. It kind of makes northeast tn look bad when you send teams over to the boro like Tennessee High and they get spanked in the first round. Everybody respects SH cause they have been to the state so many times and even won it a few times. Has anyone from Northeast TN won a first round game in the state tournament the last few years?

This is a INDIAN STRING.

I am so proud of the DB TEAM. Win or loose we will support our team to the end. Whether that end is District, Region, Sub State or Murf. we will be behind our team. Speaking of behinds.... UP YOURS REDFLAG!!! And BTW SH Fans, some of you are starting to look a little "green", it's not a good color for you!

#15 IN A ROW COMING @ SOUTH FRIDAY NIGHT. LET'S SEE IF THE INDIANS WILL DEFEAT THE REBELS ON THE ROAD BY MORE THAN SH COULD MANaGE ON THE HILL!! MY GUESS, AND IT'S A GOOD ONE, IS YES THEY WILL AND THEN SOME.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

GIDDY UP ;)

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 2-6-03 7:07P]

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 2-6-03 8:22P]

I'm glad DB will continue it's win streak tonigh against Sullivan South. I've always heard that Sullivan South is a basketball powerhouse. A powerhouse just like Sullivan East, North, Daniel Boone, David Crockett, Tennessee High etc.. I don't have a DB schedule, but I'll give you two quality wins I know of, that being Greeneville and Science Hill. Cave Spring isn't a powerhouse anymore without Redick. Redick was the only reason they won the state last year. My guess is that Cave Spring is still getting pub off of last years success. I'll eat my words when DB does something in the postseason.

Redflag,

Start your own string, this is one, is a string THAT SUPPORTS DB INDIANS - RED HOT BABY!! LONGEST ACTIVE WIN STREAK IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE AAA!! That is a fact, you can't take anything away from em', the Inidans have earned every one of those WINS, and there will be more wins to come. I don't need nor does the DB TEAM, need or want your opinions. Keep them to yourself or start a string and yack it up all you want. Note: This will be the last time I give any response to a post you put on THIS STRING.

Friday game against Sullivan South is on as scheduled, 8:00 on the road.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Throw it down 44

GIDDY UP!! ;)

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 2-7-03 12:13P]

No SH fans looking green to me. We are maroon and gold all the way. SH fans are fans for life and we are proud of this year's team. They're young and inexperienced,but they've still had a great year with another 20 win season so far. Funny thing is my dad used to take me to DB games when I was younger because he knew Cary Daniels and we became DB fans. When we first moved to JC we didn't know a lot about SH or it's program so we attended DB games. I remember seeing my first SH game vs DB over at the Dome and seeing JoVann Johnson throw it down over there a few times. That's when everything changed and my blood began running maroon and gold. Once you're a Hilltopper,you're a Hilltopper for life.

Nobody green over at SH,we're still MAROON AND GOLD!!

I already knew DB used to be at the top back in the day. But we shall see firefly. Nobody knows the future of DB/SH basketball. Don't forget DB is losing most of the experienced and better players at the end of this year. They will have a lot of rebuilding to do just like SH is doing this year. The JV,freshman,and middle schools teams in JC are full of talent and all of that talent will be at "The Hill" in a few years. Just like the kids in Kingsport are excited about basketball, the kids in JC never lose their basketball excitement. Both DB and SH have good programs but to say DB is taking over the top because they're having a better year than they have had in the past is just your opinion. DB has a very good team this year,but there are a long way from taking over the top reigns in Upper East TN.

Your on it firefly. I graduated in '82. D-B ruled the Big 10 conference my entire 4 yrs @ Dobyns-Bennett. Our top competion was Sullivan Central what awesome games we had with them, battle after battle in the jammed packed Dome, those games were so special. The #2 competion then was the brand new school Sullivan North, same as Central, awesome games. Science Hill did not even register on the scale, no thought of loosing to SH ever. Your right, Cary Daniels destroyed the Magic of D-B Basketball, it must have been around then that Pitts came to SH (is that right Surf?).

But guess what... C MO has got D-B back to the top, right were it was. This will not be a 1 yr and out program, the Tribe is back, to stay. Don't believe it? Just check out who has the longest win streak in AAA in the entire State.

And that is a good thing for SH, now they will have some excitment in the Regular season other than the Arby's Classic. Surf, I wasn't talking about you being "green", that's why I said "some SH fans", I know you are just as proud of the Hill as I am of DB, good for you. One thing for sure, the District Finals and the Region Finals will be "Specail Games" for DB and SH fans. I hope Freedom Hall is packed to the rafters.

Roll Tribe Roll

Can't stop the chop

Giddy Up!! :D

Guys, Daniels may have ruined the DB program. But, the program had started to slide when S. Shipley was there. The crazy thing about Daniels was that the folks at Bearden loved him. He just didn't fit at DB. I am hoping that C. Morgan will get the system going again.

It is much easier to kill a program than it is to bring it back.

Remember when Buck really had things going he had an excellent coach at Sevier by the name of Ian Morrison.

I am not sure when Pitts started at SH, but he was there while Shipley was at DB. I can still remember us beating SH three times that year. Once at Arbys, once in regular season, once in regionals.

We had Mills, Carns, Black and Fred Smith that year. That team was regarded by many as the best team ever in East Tennessee - in the modern era, anyway. Lost two games all year including a very disappointing lose to Fairly at M'boro. Anybody remember Vincent Rainey? He killed us in that game. And M. Townes, if I am not mistaken.

Did anybody see the DB - Haywood Co game in the previous year State Tourny? Brownsville had T. Delk and Tyron Hines. Hines later became a star at MLB for the Vols. Delk is still getting paid to play.

Sullivan North good? Not since G. Arnold was there!

Memories...

[Edited by rolltriberoll on 2-7-03 8:04P]

Er..... yeah! I guessed right. State's longest active win streak (AAA) is alive and well and growing.

Dobyns Bennett 88

Sullivan South 44

On the road. Indians took a large crowd to Colonial Heights, seemed like a home game. A slow start was just great because it led up to the best 3rd qtr of the year for the Indians. 29-22 @ the half. A 30-4 3rd qtr. Defense was relentless, South may have only been able to get 3 or 4 shots off the entire quarter. And 2 or those were put in the seats by Wootten.

Balanced scoring again for the Indians.

Azmar Blye 13 (played awesome D)

Seth Jervis 13 (3 3's)

Thomas Harrison 13

Jarrod Wootten 8 (4 or 5 block shots)

Henry Hawk Williams 8

Lamon Williams 6

Jeff Morrison 6 (great game tonight Jeff)

and a host of players with 2 or 3.

Sa weet win tonight. C Mo should bottle whatever he gave the boys at half, he could make a fortune. Win #16 in a row will be Tuesday in the Dome (homecoming) against Daniel Boone.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!! ;)

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 2-8-03 8:12A]

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 2-8-03 8:13A]

Guest BleacherRef

What an awesome experience to go to an away game and have a larger crowd than the home team!!! Kingsport is finally getting behind this wonderful team and they love performing in front of a large crowd.......THEY ARE RED HOT!!!!!! Home games in the dome crowd wise are looking a lot like they used to look in the BUCK VAN HUSS days.....C MO is doing a wonderful job with this program....I think he has made it to the big time....the student section was even chanting his name prior to tip off last night!! We love ya C MO and what you've done for the program -- KEEP IT UP!!!

So many great players on this team with Blye, Wootten, Harrison, Williams, Jervis, Blackwell, could list the entire team here -- GREAT DEPTH ON THIS TEAM!!!!!

Keep it up RED HOT INDIANS.......ROLL TRIBE