McMinn Central vs. Walker Valley

chargerchick

My bet is on McMinn Central. They may be the best team in the state. Plus the fact that Walker Valley has no true quality wins this season. They are banking on the fact that they beat Cleveland that they are very strong.Maybe they are strong and this game will be the tell-all game. Cleveland is a AAA team that is simply average in their district and classification. I just looked on here at both teams scedules and couldn't find another win over a top notch team. The only other team they have played that is quality they lost to by alot. I will listen to this game and pull for the Lady Mustangs as I do all local schools. They might can pull it out and make a believer out of all the doubters like myself. Maybe Cox, Rominger, and Morris can pull them through. The key might be in the outside shooting of Brown and Grider or the bench play of the super freshman youngsters Butler and Parks. Don't know how good McMinns bench is but Butler and Parks have been burning the nets off the bench. Good luck! :)

[Edited by nick32 on 1-31-03 10:41A]

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick while I certainly appreciate that you're willing to pull for one of our local teams, it's going to take a little bit more than the efforts of the three girls mentioned. If Walker Valley can't play as a team, and follow the plan of their coach then they won't need to step on the floor. Walker Valley has great leadership on floor in Rominger, they can be very strong inside if Morris and Cox post up like they can, and Butler, Parks, Brown will have to contribute to this effort. Not to mention, that the bench will be an important factor. These girl's have the talent, irregardless of the weak schedule you and many others feel they play.

Put it on the floor Lady Mustangs, and we can stick a sock in the mouths of your critics!!

I just looked at McMinns schedule too. They don't really play much harder one than Walker Valley does except that they played in that Georgia tournament that was a bigtime tournemant and lost and played Oliver Springs and lost. I saw that they didn't beat Tellico very bad and I don't know who they played in that Hall of Fame game that they won by just four. They did beat McMinn County but we aren't all that great either. We are kinda like Cleveland good sometimes and bad sometimes. So I think it will be kinda a close game being that it is at Walker Valley. Not having any close games might hurt them. It might be real crowded tonight there and Walker Valley doesn't have a big gym to seat alot of people so that might make a difference that it will be crowded. I think Walker Valley might pull the upset. Fallon Lee will be hard to stop though. She is much harder to stop than the guards that Cleveland had. It will be good to watch. Who will win the boys game? I think Walker Valley will win that game for sure. Central boys are not all that even though they beat McMinn. That happens every year.

Sportsphan, yes the seating may be somewhat limited tonight in WVHS's gym, but I guarantee that the fans will be able to watch and not sweat all night. They do have enough class at WVHS to turn the air on for the fans who pay good money to come in, unlike Cleveland. I expect both games to be close ones with WVHS coming out on top in at least one of the two. Everyone at WVHS is fired up and ready to play.

Oh, and by the way, goosevol, WVHS does have a very quick point guard in Rominger and two other quick ones in Osha and Alyson.

[Edited by tnwareagle on 1-31-03 12:58P]

I am really tired of your once sided post in support of Bradley. Get over the fact that Cleveland and Walker Valley are here. They have AS GOOD if not better programs

than Bradely and your one sided off handed remarks on here is not going to change that. I for one support all three

schools in the area. I hope they all win except when they

play Walker Valley, but attitudes like your are about to turn me off to Bradley. I am talking about your saying that

Cleveland is at best an average team and being so critical of the Walker Valley schedule. Well this average team beat your beloved Bradely and if you look at who Bradley has beat this year you will find that they have beat very few teams with a winning record. If I remember correctly it is only one team that they have beaten that has a winning record. That is really a great schedule and accomplishment. Get the LOG OUT OF YOUR OWN EYE BEFORE YOU GO FOR THE SPECK IN OURS.

Jim Morris