Top high School Teams for 2003

CREE

FHSslebers123123,

You did not mention Franklin's keeper, Taryn Holland, in your breakdown of the team. Last year she was one of the best keepers in the Mid-state and she was only a Freshman. Although she had three stong Senior players in front of her on defense, she had a number of great games over the course of the year and was at her best in the district, regional, and sectional playoffs. For example, she made a great save at the end of the regional championship game with Brentwood when the game went into a shootout. The final score was Franklin 1 - Brentwood 0.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to make sure everything is clear...I was not doubting the Franklin team at all. They are a very strong team and you can see that even though they weren't playing their best. I also think that Farragut knew they were getting away with something in the first half. I don't think Farragut or any other team for that matter has lost any respect for Franklin at all. They are still definitely one of the teams to beat. Good luck in the season ahead!

*monkey*

Just wanting to know.... what are everyones top five for this season? I know i should have made a new thread for this but it seems a lot of people have been in this thread and i wanted everyones opinion. If you want to transfer it to a new thread be my guest i just dont have time right now. At this time I am not able to tell my top five seeing that i havent gotten the chance to see any of the teams play. From what I can tell right now.... Hendersonville is a strong team as well as Farragut. Franklin will once again be a strong team. I wasnt to sure about Brentwood... at the katy Hunter tournament i wasnt able to see them play except for the 2nd half while they played Cordova. Brentwood was up by one and Cordova took over and won 3-1. Dont get me wrong Brentwood is a good team and i dont expect anything less than a hard game between Franklin and Brentwood. I just dont know exactly what to put about them. Cordova seems to be a strong team this year as well. Also, from what i have heard Centennial has stepped up and become one of the teams to beat this year. I guess we will see Thursday night. Expecting a very exciting game! I wasnt able to see Houston play. If anyone has any comments on this subject I am willing to listen. Good luck to everyone this year and if you could keep Callie in your prayers so that she can heal quickly that would be great!

I pretty much think the same teams you do sportschic24. Hendersonville, Franklin, Farragut, Cordova, and I think Oak Ridge will be somewhere in the mix. I have never seen Centennial play so I don't know anything about them, but it's early in the season so who knows what might happen. A lot of teams could surprise some people. Good luck in the season!!

*monkey*