Miss Basketball Finalists Poll

ptguard

What is criteria for Miss Basketball. Points, assists, rebounds, steals, who is going to D1 vs D2 or other. I think stats are very important. But I also think one criteria should be "How has that player impact the teams success". If you remove that player from the team, does the team fold or continue its success. There are many good to great players out there but not all deserving of the title. Something needs to seperate that good player from the great player. I have watched many players in the last 20 years, consistency, hustle, success and perseverance are the qualities that need to be combined with the stats to effectively consider the Miss title. I personlly do not think you can get all the information needed from a newspaper or this board. Each player should have been seen all year by the people that vote. Everyone has an opinion, this one is mine.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with you TdTbb. You are totally right. Points, Assists, Rebounds, and etc. is some of the top things that need to be looked at but if you take some girls off of a team the team will go down hill from there. Even if they are not scoring 20 pts a game. Leadership and Hustle should play as a big part as everything else. The only thing is that most of the people that vote never see half of the players play. Or know anything about them but their stats.

hey guys! i havent heard anything on here yet about ashley sheilds from memphis melrose. better jot her down in the class AAA slot cause she will definitly be on the list. she scored 52pts last nite against mem central and is averaging 40pts per game. last week it was like 40.3 ppg! her team (MELROSE) is 17-3 overall and 6-0 in district 16-AAA. better keep her in mind! :D

What defense101 said about their opinion on finalists, I haven't seen the others play, but I definitely think Holly Wright should be on there. I have said it before and I'll say it again:even if she OR Deanna Donaldson(both from Celina)should get SOME recognition. I'm sure a lot of players from other schools should get some credit too, but since I see these girls play every game, I figured I should mention them myself.