Miss Basketball Finalists Poll

ptguard

here are my winners........

class A- amy beavers........wayne co

class AA- kendall cavin.....westview

class AAA- ashley sheilds...mem.melrose

ill admit it has been a while since i seen beavers play but she was an excellent player then and has only improved her game. she may very well be the mvp of the state tourney this year also ;)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest laizthebest

If there's anyone better than Beechboard in AA I've yet to see her. Granted, my opinion will be a little biast but of the AA teams I've seen play, none can compare.

Seen a lot of A teams in Middle TN- Moore, Wayne, Clarkrange, Ezell, DCA, FRA, Celina, Friendship, etc... Have not seen much A east or west. I understand girl from Scotts Hill is good, have not seen her. Best players I have seen:

Abby Fanning, Moore County- Absolutely CONTROLS the game. Might be the smartest female player I have seen and she was smart when she played as an 8th grader (27 years of watching TN basketball)

Holly Wright, Celina- Can score any way you want her to. Tore up FRA at Celina vs. bigger players!

Keaton Bodiford, DCA- Just a junior, sleeper pick(maybe next year) but she can absolutely take over a game in a number of ways.

Next Best: Michelle Snow, Clarkrange

I'd have to say for AA-REBECCA ROWSEY from Chester County. At 6'3, she has been listed as one of the top (running) post players in the COUNTRY, and was recruited by some of the best women college coaches/programs in the nation! Of course, will be playing in the SEC for the Lady Dawgs of Georgia. Meanwhile, she is terrorizing the lane on defense and offensively averaging around 20 points/game. Can dribble, pass, shoot from anywhere on the court (shoots with right or left hand just as effectively around the basket), and runs the floor like a guard!

thebeave, a sincere thanks for the words on behalf of Rowsey, however, I have seen every game Chester County has played this year, and Rowsey spends about 90% of the game on the post! Usually swarmed (one def.in front/def. in back...box and 1...triangle and two). Bottom line is, if you are a CC fan, you know that she takes more pride in her defense than her offense (have seen her block 14 shots in one game, averaged 5 blocks/game last year... and have watched a game where the other team did not shoot a single shot inside the lane!). I have also seen her score at-will against solid competition. Really doesn't care if she scores a single point as long as CC wins. Very unselfish player and still has around 20 a game!! Highly intelligent, beautiful, wonderful person...I could go on and on. THIS GIRL REALLY CHANGES THE GAME!! :D

Guest getupview

CAVIN FOR PRESIDENT! Cavin has an excellent shot this year. Rowsey might have been playing well this year, but Cavin has worked her butt off since day one freshman year. Anyone who has seen her play, knows that this girl can handle it all. Cavin was a finalists last year. I didn't see Rowesy's name on the list last year. I think this award should go to a player who has well deserved it. I think that Cavin is the only player I can say that about. Cavin wins!

And YOU juanton69 don't deserve the CoachT account. I would proudly add Stacy, Amy AND Amanda to my ballot for Miss Basketball. Check out the stats (and the college prospects) and I bet your tune will change. I think most of the people on this board need to quit letting emotion rule thier posts. The simple fact is this, the majority of the nominees will come out of middle Tennessee. That's just the way it has always been and probably will always be. I'm not saying that the talent is BETTER and I'm not saying that it is worse but it definately gets talked about more. Even players like Wright (Celina) and Eason (Scotts Hill) that average 20 or more a game don't get talked about as much as Fanning or the Wayne County Trio. Anyway, anyone that has seen the process would not put THAT much emphasis on this thing anyway. :x

T :rolleyes:

getupview...so what you are saying is there is ONLY ONE player who has "worked her butt off" from freshman year, day one?? Anyone else care to comment on this highly intelligent statement? And, based on your theory of what happened "last year", does this also mean that Westview will be excluded from the state tourney again THIS year? AND speaking of freshman year, I recall watching Rowsey block 14 Westview shots in a triple-overtime game, which ended Westview's season in the first round of the regional tourney (do you remember,or still wearing diapers?) Take my advice...get out of West Tennessee and see the rest of the state, there are MANY good players out there that "deserve" this award, I'm sorry that you only know one (Make some friends). Start by reading the other messages on this thread and never knock a single one of them nor say that they don't deserve it, because you don't know. Unfortunately only the 3 with the sqeakiest wheels will be chosen. Rowsey may not be picked to receive this individual award, but she (and her teammates) rocked your gym with a triple-double a week ago (that is a fact)! And we will be watching her on FoxSports and ESPN for the next 4-years going against the best in the nation!! Her ticket is punched regardless of whether any voters in this state recognize her talent (she already has the approval of some of the best college coaches in the country to hang her hat on). It is evident by the polls, that we all agree are somewhat comical reading at times, the people with the voting power don't spend too much time investigating what basketball throughout the state is like. They don't recognize improvement, only the norm...what they have been programed to believe. Fortunately, knowing this young lady moderately well, I would venture to say she doesn't give a rip about any of this anyway!! She doesn't "work her butt off" for individual awards.

By the way...if basketball is such a TEAM SPORT, why does everyone get so up-in-arms when it comes to INDIVIDUAL awards????????? :confused:

That was an absolutly classless post. Personally, that is not what I would want for my very first post, but hey, you are new.

So what, getupview feels that Cavin deserves the award. Not only was she a finalist last year, but she is playing well again this year.

Rowsey is a GREAT player, now doubt about it. She deserves the award just as much as Cavin in my opinion. But don't start this crap again about schedules. There is a reason Chester Co. schedules Westview and Gibson Co. during the regulars season.

If you don't like individual awards based on a team game, then don't post.