Miss Basketball Finalists Poll

ptguard

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fabfive

Come on now people lets stop promoting kids that don't stand a chance to be up for Miss Basketball in AAA. Now don't get me wrong Phillips is a good player but by no means is she top three in AAA probably not even top 10. I saw OR play twice in Lawrence County and to me Frazier and Holbrook is the only reason that they won both games down there. When they were down to Lawrence County Frazier hit three staright baskets and then Holbrook stepped up and knock down a big 3. In the Shelbyville game OR was beat until Holbrook scored six points in a row on two 3s to tie the game up with 35 seconds to play. The only thing that Phillips did was turn the ball over that weekend. She may be playing better now but my opinion of OR she is the third best player on the team.

My AAA Miss Basketball:

Britney Frazier - Oak Ridge

Alex Fuller - Shelbyville

Ashley Shields - Memphis Melrose

I have a list of players that are worthy of the award.

1. Ashleigh Newman

2. Alex Fuller

3. Krystal Horton

4. Amber Benjamin

5. Brittany Frazier

6. Ashley Taylor

Now if we want to be honest about it, Ashley Shields is the true winner. If you average 40pts a game I don't care who you are playing. She have been doing this for four years now. She can not be cheated out of this her whole highschool career.

Yes, her name is Kendall Cavin at Westview. Scoring, FT %, defense, heart, and hustle; and her team is lost without her on the floor. I want her hands on the ball with 1 second left on the clock.

If Rebecca Rowsey was allowed to showcase her skills more, she would, hands down, be the best player in AA. She can do it all. I respect Coach Pipkin for keeping her on the wing because she will not play the post in college. However, if Chester Co. did play her in the post, she would average 30 a night.