MARYVILLE OWNS KNOXVILLE SCHOOLS!!!!!!

sportscritic3

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much does it cost? JP I've been gone for about 3 weeks and have come back to town to rejoin the "knuckleheads." I do think your Bobcats will be good. But you know I heard the same thing in 2000. As far as transfers, I not going to say who yet, but Maryville may get one that will that will stun east Tennessee. Go Rebs.

[Edited by STARSNBARS on 2-3-03 11:56A]

Give me a break. Maryville's wins are not tarnished one bit. Billygoat needs to think before he speaks. Maryville has the hardest working kids in the area. Alot more effort is put in to there off season programs then most of the schools in the area. Claiming that Maryville is at an advantage is "Ludacwis". Sounds like sour grapes to me, but until Maryville is stopped, teams should start thinking about what they can do and what not what other schools are doing.

BigReb77 is right. There are a few kids who transfered from Maryville to another school because they didn't want to participate in Maryville's off season workouts.

To win title's you have to pay the price. I remember after the Oak Ridge scrimmage when MHS won 7 tds to 3 the Oak Ridge players huddled with their coach then left. Maryville huddled with their coaches and then ran wind sprints. You figure the losing team would run like crazy but MHS was the team running sprints. A local newspaper writer told me and STARS that is why Oak Ridge goes 6-4 or 7-3 and Maryville wins titles. Maryville outworks other teams.

Great. Another Maryville sheep to join in trying to defend their program. Reb, first of all I know many kids in Knoxville that work just as hard as maryville kids. So, that argument doesn't work. Secondly, as far as maryville being stopped, it's not going to happen until the TSSAA grows some nads and fixes the inequity that exists in 3-4A. Finally, I'm not alone in pointing out the problem here, as several other posters on here and callers on 850AM have pointed out the same thing. So, maybe you're the one that needs to put some thought into your posts!

If you are talking about the guys on Tony Basilio's show then you are reaching. Those guys are idiots. They cry about everything. They call Fulmer,Pat Summit and any other UT coach names.

Jeff Brock said it best on that show! Those people crying about tuition has a mouthful of sour grapes.

Maryville does have an advantage since they can accept kids from out of their zone.

They might not have any kids that do that...but it is still an advantage.

Other advantages would be a nicer weightroom, better coaches, better talent pool...all of Maryvilles advantages are legal...the transfer thing might not be a big advantage, but it's just like private schools...

Rebel, yes I am referring to TB's show about a month ago. I agree alot of those guys are idiots, but they were saying the exact same thing we've been saying on here forever. AS for Jeff Brock, he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about on a daily basis. In fact, he credits himself with bringing several out of zone kids to the Powell program back in the early 90's when they were having so much success. His excuse was that it was a better "social situation" for the kids. Whatever! I guess it was just also a coincidence that those kids were standout athletes in Knoxville that were zoned for other high schools, wasn't it?

Ego, your point is exactly what I've been saying. The only thing I would disagree with would be the "better coaching" part of it. You're slapping several hard-working coaches in Knoxville in the face when you tell them they don't work as hard as Maryville's coaching staff. I would agree it's a good staff, but "better coaches" may not be the best term.

I'm not saying that Maryville has better coaches...I don't know...I also haven't seen their weightroom...I am throwing out advantages that schools have. Others might be tradition, lockerrooms, better talent pool areas, good schools etc.

I am listing advantages that some schools have (Maryville does not have the talent pool that Melrose for instance has).

I am just saying that Maryville has a distinct advantage over other schools since they accept transfers...I know that Melrose can accept transfers...(They end up going 13-1 and losing to Hillsboro).

What do you mean when you refer to us as sheep?

Do you remember Webster's definition of a goat?

1. A cud chewing mammal with hollow horns, RELATED TO THE SHEEP.

2. a lecherous man.

3. [Colloq.] a scapegoat -[G] the constellation Capricorn - get one's goat [Colloq.] to irritate one

Does this mean you are related to us sheep? Who knows, you may someday break down and join your cousins to become a Rebels fan yourself. It sure is alot more pleasent on this side of the fence.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!