Top 20 Freshmen in Tennessee..........

gomab2

These are not my final Post-winter Rankings.... Just a sample to get feedback to work on the final Rankings due out right after State Tourney.......

1)Willie Kemp, Bolivar

2)Brandon Wright, Brentwood Academy

3)Pierre Niles, Treadwell

4)Thaddeus Young, Mitchell

5)DeQuan Twilley, Shelbyville

6)Wayne Chism, Jackson Southside

7)Deon Gaines, MBA

8)Jeremiah Crutcher, Hunters Lane

9)Jeremy Williams, Hamilton

10)Jay Watkins, Hamilton

11)Tony Whitehead, East

12)Duke Calhoun, Raleigh-Egypt

13)Andre Thornton, Mitchell

14)Keith Ramsey, Oakland

15)Jeremy Kelley, Ridgeway

16)Stephen Kites, South Doyle

17)Adam Plavich, Baylor

18)Chris Williams, White Station

19)John Hopson, MLK

20)Marquies Barrett, Austin East

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrio Hunter from LaVergne has gone head to head with DeQuon Twilley from Shelbyville and Keith Ramsey from Oakland in games this season and went head to head with John Hopson from MLK this summer and beat each one of them head to head each time. LaVergne and MLK split over the summer, but Marrio had better games both times out. He hasn't seen any varsity action this year because LaVergne is pretty stacked this year. He just needs to have his name tossed into the mix because he is a great player and he deserves it.

Guest hard2guard101

Hey Gomab. most of these freshman are from west and middle Tn. I could understand that the talent level could be higher. how about a list of the best freshman in East Tn. Their must be some good freshman in the East. If you could get the time it would be great!!

The only time Gomab comes to East TN is when the Ballerz come to East Tennessee, so don't expect him to know anything about freshman from this area. Barrett is good, but if he's the second best freshman from the East then there really isn't much talent from the East...Jonathon Dye, Travis Borum, Lee Smith, Jared Laverdiere, Grant Domisic, Jarvis Washington, Matt Parton are all easily as talented as Skee-Bo and are playing minutes in varsity. Let's see if we can reward some kids who can keep their grades up and stay out of trouble......

[Edited by chill on 2-3-03 12:45P]

Good list. I have only seen 4 of these kids play. Wright certainly belongs at or near the top of the list. Josh Bone from Brentwood Academy also merits another look. He has improved consistently, and based on what I have seen, is better than either Plavich or Gaines at this point of the season. He has been the leading scorer in several of BA's games recently.

Gomab,

Warren Co has a few you should check out, the top 4 are:

Brooks Majors: starts for the varsity team, PG, shoot the lights out

Warren Swann: 6'4" SF, can dunk and shoot outside

Shay Glenn: 6'1" SG, has the complete game

Brandon Adcock: 6'4" C, great inside strength

have you heard about any of these?

Guest hsbball55

Gomab, 7AAA is loaded. Make it to their tourney next week.

Cookeville's Hennigan is strong, they also have a kid playing only varsity, no freshman

Warren Co.'s Majors and Swann have a lot of potential, will they work hard? Adcock and Glenn have improved.

Oakland's freshman you have listed is WAY overrated, not even on the team anymore

Riverdale: How can you miss Gaston Miller, Gomab? He's the best in 7AAA

You are really missing out on a player from Overton High named Chane Sawyers I'm not sure if he's the best, but I know for a fact that he's better than John Hobson. The coach over at Overton really doesn't believe in freshman playing varsity, thats the only reason that he's not playing, he's definitely good enough. Check him out if you can. He plays AAU for the Mottep Panthers in Nashville.