Lewis County Legends Report to Spring Training

fadeaway

another week of school starts, and I'm on coacht before 9. I am so ready to get out of school and out of this town and back to the simple life. The freelance gynos play tues. night so I can't play then but probably wed. night. Man I really hate our team name. Our starting 5 is 5'10, 6'3, 6'3, 6'5, 6'6. And on the bench is 6'1, 6'8, 6'6. That's no lie. We are too big, no gaurds but one, but we get every rebound. You left duckett off the list, just kidding. Let me know something ahead of time please so I can make my weekly plan.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last nights action featured the return of Larry Rodgers, who was joined on Team 1 by the Keltner's, ODB, McKissack and Gary Craig/Bret Hankins. Team 2 consisted of Evan Lawson, David "BIG GAME" James, Phillip Denton, Chocker Halfacre, Lantz Dabbs.

Game 1 was won by Team 1 with Rodgers nailing 3 3-pointers late to mount a rally. Lawson was unconscious from beyond the arc and "BIG GAME" was on fire as well, but they couldn't stop Rodgers. Game 2 was won by Team 2 who was led again by the great shooting of Lawson and all-around play of "BIG GAME". Game 3 was won by Team 1, with Josh Keltner and Rodgers leading the way.

Before Game 4, a major deal went thru that sent Jonah Keltner to Team 2 because of the departure of Evan. Game 4 turned into a loppsided victory for Team 1 as they were all unstoppable, shooting a team fg% of around 73%.

Despite trailing 3 games to 1, Team 2 was not finished. Jonah took over the leadership role as he consistently fed and motivated the hot dynamic duo of Denton and James throughout game 5 and they rallied to win on a desperation 3 point heave by Denton. Controversey surrounded the ending of the game, as LJ was called for a foul on Jonah after he (LJ) apparently stole the ball and ended the game on a three pointer. The shot was waved off, and an upset ODB flipped-off the crowd and the officials as well as kicking Jonah in the shins as he walked by him. Team 1 held Team 2 on the next play, and ODB once again had a chance to win the game but was on the line as he launched a shot that hit nothing but net. Jonah again made the call against ODB, but was backed by most everyone including McKissack. LJ argued the call and again made rude gestures to the crowd and officials (which led to his 13 technical foul of the year). Team 2 then went down and Denton nailed the winning 3 off a pass from Jonah.

Game 6 was as close as it had been all night with Lantz hustling, Jonah guiding, Chocker rebounding, and Denton and James filling it up for Team 2. However the chemistry for Team 1 was off as Rodgers got few touches and fewer shots as Josh (a post player) heaved three after three (he did shoot about 60%, to his credit). At the end Denton nailed a jumper to give Team 2 the victory and tie the series at 3-3, to which everyone then went home.

Several players had great nights and were basically tied in the MVP race, including Josh Keltner, Rodgers, Evan, Denton, and James.

No games on Wednesday, but possibly some on Sunday at 1:30, depending on who can play (post if you can).

Yo everbody wanna keep the lil' man down. I come up big wit a steal and dey call a foul. I come up big wit a three and they say my foot was on da line and it wuz only a two. Mckissack just agreed cuz he a hata to. He wuz wanting to come back down and hit tha game winna. I don't care if ya fine me or suspend me, I know I be right. Yall betta hope Spears suspends me cuz I'm gonna tear it up nex time I play.

I heard Rodgers hurt his ankle in warm-ups last night but still responded with a co-mvp performance. He was taken to LACC late last night and x-rays were deemed negative, Dr. Hensley however determined Rodgers had a severly sprained lower leg, ankle, and foot. When and if Rodgers plans to make a return is undetermined. We wish him a speedy recovery.

That is the most disrespectful and ignorant post I've ever seen on a Legends thread. You must be an immature middle schooler who's mother or father let them stay up on the computer too late. The Legends get on here and make amusing posts and keep the community entertained. A lot of older folks like myself who are no longer able to play have watched many of these guys grow up. We saw them play when they were at the middle school and high school. Hearing about them now and reading how they are doing is something I look forward to everyday. I go to church with a couple of the guys and they are all decent men who don't deserve to be insulted by someone like you.

Also you show your stupidity in calling a group of guys who's age range is from 18-28 ,with one or two over 30, old farts. The average age is probably 26. However if they were 35-40 years old you still shouldn't disrespect them like you did. Look at the MVP's and top performers in all major sports this past year. You have Roger Clemens, Randy Johnson, and Barry Bonds in baseball dominating at an old age. In football you had Rich Gannon, Jerry Rice, and Tim Brown all going to the Super Bowl. In basketball you've got Jordan, Malone, Stockton, and Pippen still dominating. And the boxing championion in the heavyweight division is Lennox Lewis, who along with these others mentioned, is well over 30 years of age, with most pushing 40.

You need to grow up and learn to respect the elder statesmen and players of the game. Thanks, Legends, for all your posts and feedback you give the community after your games. I enjoy reading them and respect what you do for Lewis County.

[Edited by MrHonesty on 2-13-03 8:11A]

I cannot believe someone with such a tacky and classless username has been allowed to post such negative comments on a very interesting and polite thread. Please Coacht, or any other moderator delete his pointless attack on the Legends. I love hearing about our coaches and teachers playing the game of basketball. That negative post just shows how little respect some people have for elders and the game. Keep on Legends!! :D:D:D

I just wanted to thank Mr. Honesty for the nice post. I am glad that other people enjoy what we are doing. It is all done for fun and entertainment. Why anyone would take the time to get on here and put down other people is beyond me. Maybe that is part of our society's problem today. Thanks again Mr. Honesty, LCHSChick and all the others who enjoy what we do.

P.S. imaviking- these events really do happen, it just makes them more fun to report everything on here.

[Edited by theshowstopper on 2-13-03 9:11A]